Gav’s Honda N360

~Slideways~

33 minutes ago, SiRge said:

I have a feeling mates 99.4% unlikely to use the 600cc beast (See: he's telling people he's likely to do EV swap)

So plausible 600cc option, and you could possibly boost or something interdasting

That could be an option if so but I do feel guilty and quite worried about experimenting with a rare engine with super hard to find parts. I'd be gutted if it cracked a ring land, break the gearbox or whatever and it'd be a paper weight.

An engine conversion means parts are easy to find and reliably 4-5 times more power out of the box.

What kind of plans does he have for EV'ifying it?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something like @98cc 's two stroke outboard engine would be epic but still the actually fit in a gearbox issue.

if youre running thoughts on 'what fits in a mini' theres that finnish dude that fit a rover v8 on an austin princess box into his clubman....

otherwise theres an r1 on TM at the moment

...ps....you prettymuch should do this 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MKD said:

Something like @98cc 's two stroke outboard engine would be epic but still the actually fit in a gearbox issue.

if youre running thoughts on 'what fits in a mini' theres that finnish dude that fit a rover v8 on an austin princess box into his clubman....

otherwise theres an r1 on TM at the moment

...ps....you prettymuch should do this 

Yeah the 'fits in a mini' is open to interpretation haha but the R1 will fit with no cutting at all, mostly because the gearbox design is compact.

That VFR800 engine doesn't work in right hand drive cars the way he did it. Might be possible if the engine was shoved right over to the passenger side... 

The TM R1 is probably the same one I got a price for, which is a bit steep to be honest.

EDIT: he also never got reverse to work. Had an inline T5 gearbox but gave up on it.  

31 minutes ago, MKD said:

heres the v8 article anyway http://www.geocities.ws/MotorCity/Factory/2760/Viku2.html no cutting, but a lot of thought.

what about a 3cyl turbo charade or something...? 

suzuki/daihatsu 2 stroke kei engine?

He wants 12000rpm for that CE experience (Constant Erection). Otherwise he could probably go for the city turbo motor or something, or liek I was investigating the L15 from the Honda Fit/Jazz RS

On 5/24/2018 at 11:16, SiRge said:

He wants 12000rpm for that CE experience (Constant Erection). Otherwise he could probably go for the city turbo motor or something, or liek I was investigating the L15 from the Honda Fit/Jazz RS

Indeed. I like lots of revs. It's one of the reasons I went with a 1jz instead of a 2jz, the 2jz's sound lazy to me. 1jz's, well the vvti one I had before, hits that hair-on-the-back-of-your-neck spot that the other engine just seems to miss. For me anyway.

Got a spare set of both pretty sure (Y) Front shocks could be a pain to replace, might have to look into replacing the hubs so you can remove the steering rack attachment from the shock. The rear shocks are "KYB - 343143 GR-2 Shock" but I haven't found a resource to swap the fronts.

• 7 months later...
On 26/01/2019 at 14:29, Adoom said:

For the diff thing. My 900 hornet does about 4000 at 100kph in 6th. 

It would be pretty hard to get it to do as low as 4000rpm without running big diameter tyres, its more of a not going crazy doing a million revs while doing 100kph than matching what the bike engine donor would have done.

I've started cutting out rust on this thing now and have bought some spot weld drill bits.

1 hour ago, ~Slideways~ said:

It would be pretty hard to get it to do as low as 4000rpm without running big diameter tyres, its more of a not going crazy doing a million revs while doing 100kph than matching what the bike engine donor would have done.

I've started cutting out rust on this thing now and have bought some spot weld drill bits.

The tiny holesaw kind?

Carbide bit in a die grinder is great for spot welds. Especially if you are only keeping one of the panels since it is easy to chew a big hole. 

3 hours ago, Adoom said:

The tiny holesaw kind?

Carbide bit in a die grinder is great for spot welds. Especially if you are only keeping one of the panels since it is easy to chew a big hole. 

Yep tiny hole saw, guess I'll see how they go. I do need to keep both sides in some places.

1 hour ago, flyingbrick said:

You could pretty easy (as easy as these things get) to chain drive the end of the driveshaft.. then you could vary the ratio however you please. 

I actually had a similar idea with a rear/mid mounted engine using a sprocket directly on an unmodified IRS diff. Such as using a complete MX5 rear end with shortened half shafts.

It would be ideal with a vfr800 if I can fit it in there.

Interesting idea having a sprocket on the driveshaft... hmmm. Packaging is always an issue in a small space but it open up some options.