Gav’s Honda N360

~Slideways~

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Steelies said:

helping a guy with his ducati, he got a 900 motor from a local guy who sells bike motors, think he paid a grand. want me to get motor guy details for ya, if not the same guy anyway?

That price wasn't local (guy rang me and I thought it was the local place I emailed), so yep keen to know who it was. I'm just looking at prices right now to see what is realistic but would be good to know.

I picked up a Yoshi muffler off him a couple months back, was a good price I thought. A guy I used to work was there, seems to be an import business/place for them to tinker with karts and race bikes. Had heaps of cool shit in there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ~Slideways~ said:

Haha I dunno man, I'm very much a novice...I've painted a total of one car and that took forever with lots of mistakes to fix!

I have painted a total of zero cars and taking forever aligns with my current build plans

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmulally said:

Howja go with customs? 

Never had any contact from Customs but the Aus Post tracking updated to say it was 'cleared by customs' then it arrived within a day or two. 

So I assume there was no issue? It took just over a week.

Not so superbike, but would some kind of quad engine work? They have reverse usually (or quad gearbox on superbike engine..?) Just need to find one able to produce enough power. Still the amr300 route?

cbr engines or ninjas are usually cheaper than r1s as theyre still they standard go-to behind a hayabusa. Cbr keeps it honda too if you dont go honda big red engine haha

11 hours ago, MKD said:

Not so superbike, but would some kind of quad engine work? They have reverse usually (or quad gearbox on superbike engine..?) Just need to find one able to produce enough power. Still the amr300 route?

cbr engines or ninjas are usually cheaper than r1s as theyre still they standard go-to behind a hayabusa. Cbr keeps it honda too if you dont go honda big red engine haha

I hadn't thought about quad bike engines, mostly because unless they are a race quad thing they are usually quite low power low rev's type things. 

I had thought about the possibility of a live axle from a quad for rwd, lightness and possible ratio options but I think it'd be too weak.

The reason R1's are so popular is also how compact they are and apparently the sump design means they don't suffer from oil starvation like other bike engine conversion do (even the hayabusa needs baffles or dry sump).

I've been googling images of the cbr1000 engine to try get an idea of it's size/shape and it looks like the gearbox sticks our quite a bit more than the R1, there are a few places with R1 dimensions but nothing I can find on the CBR stuff. 

Nothing set in stone yet but I know you can fit the R1 in a Mini engine bay so its a good start.

I have a feeling mates 99.4% unlikely to use the 600cc beast (See: he's telling people he's likely to do EV swap)

So plausible 600cc option, and you could possibly boost or something interdasting