Gav’s Honda N360

~Slideways~

On 04/05/2018 at 11:54, SiRge said:

@Figgy Did you manage to flick your Civic? Or have any other sources?

There's probably a couple floating around if you join that NZ Honda Civic AT/AS/ etc page

I've still got mine, but im still planning to do something with it :)

I do know a guy in Wellington with 1st gen civic parts though - He's got a rolling chassis available.....Flick me a PM and i'll try put you in touch.

• Like 1

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/7/2018 at 12:56, Figgy said:

I've still got mine, but im still planning to do something with it :)

I do know a guy in Wellington with 1st gen civic parts though - He's got a rolling chassis available.....Flick me a PM and i'll try put you in touch.

Cheers muchly.

Would also keep me awake at night, something about a very small car with a high revving bike motor sounds about the most fun you could have with a car. Even if not that fast at >10k rpm would certainly feel/sound like yer going fast... 

My vote is many cams/valves sportbike motor and rwd, even if it's 4x as much effort it'd be worth it at the end! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KP_wag said:

Would also keep me awake at night, something about a very small car with a high revving bike motor sounds about the most fun you could have with a car. Even if not that fast at >10k rpm would certainly feel/sound like yer going fast... 

My vote is many cams/valves sportbike motor and rwd, even if it's 4x as much effort it'd be worth it at the end! 

I had a Clubman 1100s that was a fun car, so for 'simplicity' keeping it fwd might be a good idea. I have another car for rwd'ness.

Right now I am waiting to see if the panel arrive from AUs without being held up by Jacinda or something.

1 minute ago, dmulally said:

Yeah true. If you go bike engine they have pretty tall final drive gearing. Tractor wheels it is! 

Depends on how much highway driving you want to do I suppose. Any ideas about engine choice yet? 

The R1 is nice and compact and should work for fwd depending on the size of the diff and sprocket. The lowest power one is 140hp (carbs).

I love the sound of the vfr800 (my brother had one years ago too), like a little shrieking v8. But its awkward to make it fit in fwd or rwd or mid mounted. It's 105hp so would want to supercharger or turbocharge it.

Diff ratio is the real problem with small diameter wheels/tires. 

• Like 1

Have a look at a Commodore IRS diff centre. Has that rubber coupling which would be relatively easy to mount to a sprocket as well as eat some of the vibrations. Tall ratios for days and indestructible for an R1. I forget your layout but it may need to be flipped so I'm assuming just the breather and filler to faff about with. 

This car is practically building itself!

I'm transferring my n600 to mates place next week, might have a better idea if theres a spare 600cc motor to throw in your mix. 

Another option would be to see if you could fit the motor from Honda shitty turbo? Or 3 cyl dihatsu turbo etc. Something you could buy a rusty shell on and put everything over 

22 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Cough, CR500 engine. Cough.......

2 stroke would be cool, I'm still keen for a bigger engine for the stronger gbox and clutch.

A 1000cc YZF-R1 is winning at the moment. Nice compact design for the gbox etc.

Man...6 speed sequential...drool

On 11/05/2018 at 15:41, dmulally said:

Have a look at a Commodore IRS diff centre. Has that rubber coupling which would be relatively easy to mount to a sprocket as well as eat some of the vibrations. Tall ratios for days and indestructible for an R1. I forget your layout but it may need to be flipped so I'm assuming just the breather and filler to faff about with. 

This car is practically building itself!

I’ve thought about a hilux 3.07:1 but even that is a big ass diff to fit under this little car. I’m definitely leaning towards a fwd r1 screamer with an civic lsd converted to sprocket. It’ll be the lightest option too.

Hoping o can use the Honda parts bin to make a combination of civic shafts to fit the early civic hub that way I can upgrade to big discs too. The N600 has discs as an option but I don’t think they will be up to the task of increasing the power 5.5 times.

Probably a carb’d early r1 engine to keep it simple not needing high pressure fuel pump etc.

On 12/05/2018 at 07:54, SiRge said:

I'm transferring my n600 to mates place next week, might have a better idea if theres a spare 600cc motor to throw in your mix. 

Another option would be to see if you could fit the motor from Honda shitty turbo? Or 3 cyl dihatsu turbo etc. Something you could buy a rusty shell on and put everything over 

It’d be more practical than a bike engine definitely, but I want the high revs and sequential shifter!

Also, damn so you’re mate is keeping it! Haha oh well.

• Like 1