Custom Driveshaft

KustomKreeps

Looking like I will be needing a custom driveshaft made up for my current project.

Its one of those things I never really have given much thought to. Kinda take it for granted right.

So im after info and feedback from any and all about getting a driveshaft made up. Prices to expect. Dont really mind where in NZ but im South Island based.

Basic idea is a two piece setup. Front being fixed. Then the back being sliding as the diff will have 6 inch or so travel due to the airbags.

TAoigt8.jpg

So ya ideas & suggestions please guys.

We are not dealing with huge HP. Max I guess is 400HP.

Had thought a 4WD setup maybe. But everything else in the car is new so now kinda leaning toward a custom setup.

Never had one made up and have no clue at what it may cost or who are a good crowd to deal with.

Cheers

Alex

currently trying to figure out what I could use.

Think HiAces and some 4WDs have split driveshafts with a sliding section but its bit of a pain searching out info on the net and no pick a part around here just to go looking.

Whats the DS you used from? and what kinda HP are you putting out?

1 hour ago, KustomKreeps said:

currently trying to figure out what I could use.

Think HiAces and some 4WDs have split driveshafts with a sliding section but its bit of a pain searching out info on the net and no pick a part around here just to go looking.

Whats the DS you used from? and what kinda HP are you putting out?

go and see Colin Robinson at Shaw St Autos. oldschool panelbeater / rodder / good bastard

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...