2Y Toyota Running temperature

Marsh

Got the motor in my wee van back together and running again but in between having the motor in pieces and rust work done in the front, both my temperature gauge and fuel gauges have started reading up the wopps. I put in an aftermarket temperature gauge but in a classic case of information is good but you have to know what you're doing with it, it happily sits around 95-100 degrees. Is this too high for a running temp?  It runs and drives fine, doesn't seem to be leaking any water out.  I have just had the head off doing the head gasket and had the radiator redone at the same time. Curious to make sure I haven't stuffed it up

4Ks with 82 C thermostat generally sit around 83-84 under normal driving and 90 sitting at the lights.

I guess the van has a viscous fan on it?

I'd say the running temperature doesn't really matter too much as long as there is no boiling happening anywhere.

Grab a cheap infrared thermometer and check the rad inlet and outlet temps for piece of mine (like $15 aliexpress) 

100 sounds ok to me for a van, outlet temp will probably be around 85

Also some cheaper thermostats have a wide opening range. Might start at 82 but not be fully open till 92 sort of thing

Get a bozo oil cooler for extra cooling eh