Plasma/Water/Laser Cutting Services - Waikato/Hamilton

bonkas

There are heaps of waterjet cutters in Waikato, I supply most of them abrasive for their waterjets haha

General Engineering & Manufacuturing (GEMCO) (07) 847-6979 gemcoltd@xtra.co.nz

NDL Engineering 0800 NDL Eng jan@ndlengineering.co.nz

Edwards Engineering 07 871 6560 brian@edwardsengineering.co.nz 

Procut NZ 027 233 4111 mpruden@xtra.co.nz

Cullen Engineering 07 884 8232 enquiries@cullen.co.nz

Theres also Longveld, they have a couple of massive machines but mostly do their own work, can try them if you get stuck. Even more if you need in Auckland but you should get something from one of those. Or One Stop Cutting as mentioned are good guys!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, flyingbrick said:

Hi mate. Try cullen engineering in teAroha. They do excellent work.

+/- 1mm is rediculious. Should be many times less than that.

Have you made sure the flanges arent available off the shelf somewhere dor cheap?

More of an ass covering thing I'd say

• Like 1

When i had a bunch of parts water jet by a place in wellington (years ago) they asked how nice i wanted the cut on a scale of 1-10 and obviously this affected the price. No idea how it works when it comes time to cutting (do they increase the pressure and speed up the cut or something?)

Speed and nozzle size (it should be selected based on the job, and not just used as a one size fits all) I think, its where lots of skill comes into cutting plate. TBH I have stopped getting things watercut in general for work because of the finishing work required to get the parts to an acceptable finish. As an example, a 10mm ali plate that I was getting watercut cost me $50, but the finish was not that great and took someone an hour to fiddle with to get it looking good. I now get that part machined for $150 and it can be welded as soon as it arrives to the workshop and all dimensions are perfect. For something like this, your time is free so you can save $100

• Like 2

Sounds like you needed to find a better profile cutter. Ive done a fair amount of profile cutting but have never been a fan of waterjet, can easily cut 10mm aluminium cleanly on the laser without needing to touch after. Bit more skill when you need to bevel cut

dscf1718_inside_page.jpgp1010246_inside_page.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Whoah! those stairs are sweet!

The finish isnt a huge concern really.. I know I will be boring out the intake ports and smoothing out the water ports isnt a big deal either, not to fussed about the outer finish.

I will also get in contact with the guys mentioned here and ask more questions, not knowing much around the process I have just given the design file and required application and left the rest up to them to quote.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2018 at 13:06, ajg193 said:

Kerry Jones Engineering in Waiuku has a big CNC plasma cutter

I have also used these guys when I used to live in waiuku, but only with mild steel..

he has a motorsport background is a fricking legend