Kimjon sinks to a new low...pocket bikes!

Kimjon

I never envisaged I'd end up here. But just like weed is a precursor to more dangerous and experimental risk taking, it turns out gopeds are too.

Unknowing I've gone from this:

IMG_20151220_115254.thumb.jpg.23caa3f9d0a4093ff9cd3bbaf1295b7c.jpg

To this:

IMG_20160506_100655.thumb.jpg.a09a2827e0e54f938db2091c5f664f06.jpg

And now somehow ended up here...

Screenshot_2018-04-02-19-31-15.jpeg.fd63491f5c8ec3c709a9f2af267ba9bf.jpeg

Yes the equivalent of smoking a few harmless joints with your mates one day...then waking up on a blood stained mattress, down a dark alleyway with a smack needle hanging out your arm a few years later.

Somehow, and I never saw the warning signs (though everyone else did) I've ended up buying a pocket bike. Not the best decision for a 6' 4" 100kg ginger. However...fuck yeah, seriously fuck yeah...this thing is ridiculous!!!

It does 80kph, you have to be so careful or it will pop the front wheel up. It's simply mad how stupidly fast this motor is. So for now I'm embracing my new addiction...I'm in control, I only do it socially...I could give up anytime I wanted to.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Fyi: its a Blata elite 10, which is a super rear and equally high quality European pocket bike. Not the usual Chinese junk out there.

I brought it to cut up for parts and intended to use these parts for another goped project. My mistake was to:

1) Google search what I had just unknowing brought.

2) Ride it, as it was such a rush.

So I'm keeping it. It's far too awesome to simply cut up for parts.

• Like 1

Seriously, this thing is nuts! I'm that guy who mocked their very existence when they first started showing up in the 90's. Admittedly...I similarly mocked mobile phones, also saying they'd never catch on either.

So key points:

1) never take financial advice from me, as I clearly can't spot tends or recognise a good thing, even if it's right in front of me.

2) if you know someone, our see a pocket bike tucked away in the corner of their garage...ask for a cheeky ride. If it's a European motor in it, it'll blow your mind!

• Like 1

Warning: the following video contains excess crack possession. In most US states possession of this amount of crack would be a felony offence!

Now it doesn't look fast...but it is, its really, really fast!!! My goped (26cc) does 55kph...and after riding this pocket bike, the goped feels very slow.

• Like 2