SOHC

SOHC's Briggs & stratton creation.

Got the sprockets on, managed to brake 2 taps, I shouldn't work  late in the evening as I cut my finger the other night.  

36337550_10156244136443819_2513550084369547264_n.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 08:05, Duke Blackwood said:

Hey Chief I've only just glanced over this thread but if you need help with sprockets I operate a waterjet cutting machine and can make custom sprockets... PM me if I can help.

can recommend!

you could also try sprockets.co.nz or something, they do them with the boss on them already. not cheap from memory, but could be the solution for people with no machining hookups

• Like 2

I got a clutch lever from an old 20s bike to use for my front brake lever, it need serous work to make it usable but its a good size, it was bent 90 degrees and its made from brass. also I got a throttle, that also needed fettleing to make fit, I wanted black hand grips but ended up with some strange ones witch look like coke cola, got a brake cable and a throttle cable, used a inner wire clamp off a Kohler engine to mount the cable to the throttle lever on the engine, need to make a return spring, 

All thats needs to be done now is the seat screwed on and the controls bolted on and it should go.     

• Like 1

Well fuck that thing goes hard, you wouldn't want to go any faster on it, it bakes up the rear tire and throws you back on the seat, its over 300cc 

• Like 4

Must have got the gearing in the sweet spot by sounds of it.

Industrial motors deliver torque in rather impressive fashion, All of it! Fucking instantly.

• Like 3

Tiny tyres are mint burn em up and repeat cheap as. Your gonna need front brakes so you can do stand up donuts.

• Like 1

Would say the gearing is bang on, brake are inadequate 

I need to key the sprockets to the shaft, its been pretty hard on the holes, I will get a new bit of bright bar rather than black so its a tighter fit, 

Went flying across the nabours grass and carved a big muddy patch along it for about 70 meters then got stuck in front of her as she came around the corner.

Off to look at a welding job now, going to take this.  

• Like 3

I thought the wheels were tiny but all together looks choice! Keen for big block industrial engine races? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muncie said:

I thought the wheels were tiny but all together looks choice! Keen for big block industrial engine races? 

Yes, I want to see that 19 HP V twin in action, I was contemplating getting a B&S Vanguard v twin but they are worth heeps,

My driveway is good for drag racing, I got my Suzuki upto 100 once.      

• Like 1

So when you chucking your phone in your pocket with a gps top speed app running so you can tell us how fast it actually is?  

Looking good.  Glad you have finally arrived with a running product.

Actual Kph multiplied by rim size equals how fast it feels. Also known as Smiles per hour :P

• Like 1

gearing + rimsize + max rpm = just under 30 mph, it gets there very quickly