SOHC's Briggs & stratton creation.

SOHC

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/23/2018 at 08:05, Duke Blackwood said:

Hey Chief I've only just glanced over this thread but if you need help with sprockets I operate a waterjet cutting machine and can make custom sprockets... PM me if I can help.

can recommend!

you could also try sprockets.co.nz or something, they do them with the boss on them already. not cheap from memory, but could be the solution for people with no machining hookups

• Like 2

I got a clutch lever from an old 20s bike to use for my front brake lever, it need serous work to make it usable but its a good size, it was bent 90 degrees and its made from brass. also I got a throttle, that also needed fettleing to make fit, I wanted black hand grips but ended up with some strange ones witch look like coke cola, got a brake cable and a throttle cable, used a inner wire clamp off a Kohler engine to mount the cable to the throttle lever on the engine, need to make a return spring, 

All thats needs to be done now is the seat screwed on and the controls bolted on and it should go.     

• Like 1

Would say the gearing is bang on, brake are inadequate 

I need to key the sprockets to the shaft, its been pretty hard on the holes, I will get a new bit of bright bar rather than black so its a tighter fit, 

Went flying across the nabours grass and carved a big muddy patch along it for about 70 meters then got stuck in front of her as she came around the corner.

Off to look at a welding job now, going to take this.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Muncie said:

I thought the wheels were tiny but all together looks choice! Keen for big block industrial engine races? 

Yes, I want to see that 19 HP V twin in action, I was contemplating getting a B&S Vanguard v twin but they are worth heeps,

My driveway is good for drag racing, I got my Suzuki upto 100 once.      

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the lone of some TruTest  alloy rims I am going to copy and cast,  I am thinking I can pretty much make a frame for the cost of the steel and my time, the wheels will cost a bit to make but I already have a few people who want them,  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Kimjon said:

Let me know what pipe you use...I've got one of those benders and have never used it (successfully) either. Keen to try... but the one attempt just crushed the pipe.

The pipe I made the red bike out was 27mm with about a 3mm wall. I also filled it with sand.

I have noticed with the swages for this bender it has the pipe size cast into them but the pipe is way too lose, I want to bend 7/8" and 1", I will take the swage that is the next size down and machine it so the next size up pipe is a tight fit if you know what I mean? 

With thees benders you should never expect good results with out modifying the swages or filling the pipe with sand  

• Thanks 1