SOHC's Briggs & stratton creation.

SOHC

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to put air in the tire I must remove it from the bike and remove brake disk, I will make a an attachment for the compressor at some stage.

04852239-7AF6-463A-BE03-7487AD368EC6.jpegThese tires stink, they have been in my shed for like 3 years and they still stink, every time I open the door I get hit with a blast of stinky tires.

• Like 1

Anyone want the 4" LAN YU road tires? they are still very good or they might go in the bin. I need to make a new bush for the steering head, alloy one has flogged out, I hope its dry tommrow, going to take this out on the road. 

image.jpeg.8cda50a5de56f3da8b9eee941668a659.jpeg  

Ordered x4 rim halves witch look like they have a better wheel bearing, the other rims have a tiny thing witch is pressed in from the inside and one good pothole was enough to make it totally fall apart.

• 5 months later...

Ended up fitting new front wheel bearings, back ones need doing at some stage, the replacement  Chinese bearings are a little less shitty than the ones in the wheels, I packed them with molly grease as anything you put that shit in lasts 10 times as long. Put the carb rebuild kit in and the carb was leaking out the main jet so I put the old one back in, I found to set the pilot mixture on a Tecumseh carb you bring the screw out till you hit max RPM then set the idol stop adjuster to the desired idol, then set the main till the engine is sweet.

brake cable snapped and pull start cord broke, got a new cord and found the mesh for the air intake is cutting into it from factory. I will go to my old work and make a new cable.

B3EC484F-0D9D-4C41-B034-ADBE1A522625.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...