SOHC's Briggs & stratton creation.

SOHC

I wanted a Trutest but couldn't find one so I made a frame, I have made it about 3 times as long, I bent up the tube in a shitty home made hand crank bender witch is well over 100 years old, I pored beach sand in the tube as well, the bends are nice I would say.  

001_zps210ghmvw.jpg

• Like 5

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a pair of wheels from Storm parts in henderson, they are split rims and there was a front and a rear, I have used both LH sides to make the rear wheel and both RH sides to make the front so I can run a brake on the rear and a sprocket, I also made it so the sprocket bolts to the rim center aswell as I think 3x4mm bolts into thin alloy wont cut it

003_zpsm6qcv0oz.jpg

• Like 2

The frame is basically finished, wheels mounted, forks mounted, I managed to smash this out in a few afternoons.

A wile back I got X2 Tecumseh H25 engines from here, I am thinking of running them both, but not sure how to link them with the clutches and run both carbs and governs all at once. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kimjon said:

Looking good. For about $160 you can buy a brand new honda 6.5hp clone. Could be the best way forward if all the others are to fucked?

I wanted to use an old engine, it would work out easier and cheaper to use a chinese motor tho,

1 hour ago, 66gt said:

Can’t you make 1 reasonable engine out of the 4?

Not relay, 2 of them are 3 HP of different vintages and the 5 hp motors need ignition parts. I will fix something.

• Like 2

I was looking at plans to couple to engines together, I can use two centrifuge clutches with an idler sprocket to hold the chain in place. 

30729662_10156083877588819_2265566485244

Its going to be trickery to get air in that rear tire, there is a sprocket on one side and a disk brake on the other. 

• Like 2

I gave the guy I sold the yellow peril two.my spare 5hp briggs. From memory all it needed was a con rod.  A guy on the Briggs forum said he'd give me his spare rod from his raptor motor, but then his roof was leaking, and his son went to rehab. So in the end I gave up. Thing to remember about 5hp Briggs is that you can run the piston from an aluminum bore block (cool bore motors the seppos call them) in an iron sleeve bore motor, but you can't run an iron bore piston in a cool bore block. The cool bore pistons have hard chromed skirts, and an iron bore slug will gall the bore quick snap 

• Like 1

yeah two clutches makes starting substantially easier/less destructive on the starting gear, whatever that is. motors seem to sync up in some way regardless

if you go for a single tank run individual lines all the way there

stunning proportions by the way! perhaps just one motor and a child seat in front of it, within the frame?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, kicker said:

I used two centrifugal clutches on my velobike, had them linked to a sprocket on a jackshaft

zleVLzt.jpg

Thats relay nice.

When my folks go away, I might have some drag racing on my driveway one day, it was a topdressing plane runway in the 40s

• Like 4

I am going to start painting the frame tonight I think, rear brakes are finished, I need to get a 1" twist grip and brake lever, I use to have shit loads of that stuff but thought I would never use it, fuck.

• Like 1

Frame is half painted, got started on the shitty 5 HP engine, I got it sparking, it had no points gap and they were dirty, carb had bad corrosion from condensation in the tank and one of the jet tubes is lose, I have another carb but its for the small fuel tank as some Briggs & stratton engines the carb bolts to the top of the fuel tank 

Engine seems to run pretty well, Had a bit of trobble with the pullstart clutch but it just needed cleaning and some oil, I made an exhaust that I burnt the side of my hand on badly, I also made the missing sheet metal part that directs the air around the front fins, still need to find another fuel cap as the one I have has a few rust holes in it,  

31281475_10156097331218819_4850608302278

• Like 8