Ash 85 crumpy yarns

Ashkellybarr

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah mines gutless as well, but tbh I went out to muriwai today with a mate and his mate.

actually held up pretty well.

Mates terrano diesel turbo and a td42 saf with serious turbo and suspension setup.

had a drag race and I had the jump on them until 60kph.

loghtweight and A/T’s worked pretty well on the harder sand.

hit the dunes and did a couple climbs, defiantly down or torque but I was actually surprised what the 33yr olds single cam, single carb  thing could do.

did a scrap metal run the other week and got it on the scales. Mates rodeo was 2 ton.

the crumpy was bang on 1500kg with tools and the diy angle iron tray.

thinking with an alloy motor and alloy half tray it could get down to 1400, witch isn’t bad for a daily 4wd that with a bit more grunt would be reasonably capable

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/11/2018 at 15:21, Mof said:

C clips in the free wheel hubs?

Don't Chuck the old ones, make sure the ones with holes clear the sliding part of the freewheel hub.

Need some like these with a flat endvacuum_grip_70a_pliers_lockring_48_f_cropped_inset2_w560_h309.jpg.8cd3c9398846c17e9b23baf55fc08867.jpg

Cheers will double check that! And defiantly the right tool for the job! I asked some mates if they had any like that but no luck.

ended up using my rounded ones, but holding a flat head against one side of the clip with the side of my hand so it opened more on the other side.

while levering the screw driver and holding the c clip plyers in one hand I got a flat head in the other hand to try hook under the lifted side.

lots of cursing as you could imagine 

On 18/11/2018 at 22:39, kpr said:

front an rear diff heads are the same in these things.  front is just a rear  running backwards.  so yeh  any rear head or center will fit front.   cv's are weakest part

Awesome cheers kris! Will keep an eye for another LSD.

my thoughts were to look out for a half decent LSD for the rear then swap the sloppy factory one in the front. Maybe shim it back to factory spec but nothing to fancy, just enough to help off road.