Yoeddynzs 1978 Chevanne - Discussion

Yammies

Im not 100 percent sure on that. I had a chevanne as my first car. It had rear seats too.

They were badged as Bedford chevannes in the uk and normally didn't have side windows, but all the ones I've seen here are basically chevette wagons/estates. 

I have quite a few bits stashed here and i cant use any of the engine bits as the original engine is long gone from mine.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

Cheers for that info Yammies. Makes sense. They were assembled here from kits though right? Like all the other models.

Torrie- you obviously have forgotten the wonderful powers of the mighty big block 1256!

Most local assemblers did a seatless van version of their wagons for tax purposes, Ford even did a Cortina van. Had to have a panel covering the seat space, although most got sold with a seat from the parts department for fitting at resale time (yeah, right).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yammies said:

Im not 100 percent sure on that. I had a chevanne as my first car. It 

I have quite a few bits stashed here and i cant use any of the engine bits as the original engine is long gone from mine.

Ohhhhh. Do you have any lights and the plastic trim that goes round them? 

Seatbelts? :-)

9 hours ago, locost_bryan said:

Most local assemblers did a seatless van version of their wagons for tax purposes, Ford even did a Cortina van. Had to have a panel covering the seat space, although most got sold with a seat from the parts department for fitting at resale time (yeah, right).

Uncle bought a Bluebird like this, in '82 I think. It had plywood and carpet in the back where the seat should have been when he got it but the seat was fitted soon after. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shakotom said:

Damn that’s sweeeeet!

all of the pines.

-what’s the load height in the rear of one of these? Floor - roof?

790mm.

Hannah, Kevin and I are learning all sorts of things from my collection of old Chevette literature this smoko break.... 

2018-04-17 10.57.25.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, igor said:

But what price safety?

What? In a rusty old Chevette? So long as the belts are in good nick I'll be happy. I think if I was to have a stack that was hard enough that I snapped a belt in good condition I'd be more worried about the shape of my innards!