Dave's new Daily with all the Bees and Weasels

Muncie

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its an import so they must of banged a stock exhaust on to comply and register it in nz, 

It is fitted with a very thick intercooler in the stock location and GFB plumbback diverter valve with a K&N panel filter and is only what ive noticed, @00quattro00 any idea what else it might have been fitted with to support this level of boost? Just so i can research and check its all as it should be. Considering it was supposed to be stock and i bought it off an 80 year old it seems to be well cranked up.

2 hours ago, 00quattro00 said:

If it's boosting 21psi then it's been remapped. Will definitely need the down pipe and turbo intake hose upgraded

Usually the list of mods for the 1.8t are:

Down pipe

Diverter valve

Turbo intake pipe

Air filter

Remap

Running 20psi is pushing that little k03 pretty hard and with a standard down pipe and cat it's probably getting pretty hot.

Should be about 200-210hp with the above mods done

• Like 1

Turbo is pretty fresh looking im hoping its been swapped out for a k04 or some hybrid. Will try get a mirror up and read the ID on it,

im not leaning on it much at present till know it is all up to scratch now i know how much its been tweaked. It certainly doesn't fuck around when you stand on it!

New airflow meter arrived a little late so had to persevere limping to work without one for an extra day Some one had fucked with it removing the screen that looking at prevents turbulence smashing the sensor from the blow off valve. 

It seems far smoother and pulls way better.

Plugged it into the laptop and the numbers look way healthier. Goes so well i blew up my aliexpress boost gauge......

20181219_165318.jpg

• Like 8

• 9 months later...

Well ive tried to sell this after hitting rock at work and cracking the sump it sat on the lawn for 8 months getting nothing but a drink of oil and a short drive every now and then.

I got sick of it been all forlorn full of water from been nose up on the drive and starting grow mould with no one biting on a low asking price. I got a offer for the 19" wheels i couldn't refuse so its now been put on 18s with new tyres and had some "more" money thrown at it so i can use it as my daily.

......... fuck it is quick. 

Ive got 2/3 of a 3" exhaust once i get warrant that can go under it for even more poke.

A Sump a set of seal's and new cambelt kit are on the way from the USA to get it all nice again.

20190924_063856.jpg

• Like 3

A good scrub and in to Saturdays errands and  a bit of point and squirt fun. Good to have this on road forgot how tight the suspension is loads of grip and power think its a bit thirstier then my commodore though.  

Going to lop muffler off back see how ghastly it sounds.

15696142476955548240973358856138.jpg

20190928_072757.jpg

• Like 1

Lopped the back muffler off yesterday afternoon fuck did that wake it up got an interesting burble to it too.

Its not loud at all apart from at idle the exhaust is drowned out by roadnoise once moving pretty happy.

Happy to do whole exhaust now i know it doesn't sound horrible and will net some power gains.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

So this has always had a slight tremble when cruising and would randomly drop boost down to 10psi. The only thing i could pin down as a fault was the temperature sensor which i replaced and made no difference at all 9 months ago.

Found some motivation this week did oil filters and rewired temp sensor right back to ECU. Finally rock solid hits 22psi all the time no tremors oh and fixed an oil leak while i was in there. 

Pretty happy.

20200102_164620.jpg

• Like 2

Gotta do the cam belt soon.... fuck my life, 

Will drag race it afterwards as motivation to get it done. Should actually go pretty good ive run it up to 200ks a few times on an air strip pulls like a train once it finds grip.

• 3 weeks later...

Sidetracked as usual went through roadworks and had a fist size lump of tarseal and gravel flung at my car taking out windscreen and headlight....

Front of car off for new headlight and clean up of engine bay earths while there was access.

Dont recommend Ebay headlight lenses they look great but dont fit.

20200125_124150.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just bought this off mrs today she was going to trade it she's owned it since new so serviced by dealer then me since.

Cool thing was it was the ex Fairview mazda demo model so has every possible option including one of the best stock stereos I've heard in a while, I had a 12" sub installed a few years back so I'm upgrading that to my twin 12" subs from my Vw further back in this thread.

Plan is to chuck some Mustang 19" wheels on it and just enjoy it for a bit while I finish my Holden engine swap then just keep it tidy.

20211124_194901.jpg