Dave's new Daily with all the Bees and Weasels

Muncie

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No i didnt. i don't have VCDS cable yet only went as far as flushing cleaner through the external ports on the throttle body so i didn't disturb it to much. No oil in the intercooler pipes which i was happy about.

I'll remove it at a later date if ok give it full going over or just replace it with a new one if its not to costly.

• 2 weeks later...

Swapped out spark plugs and liquid dinosaur filter this morning. 

Typical jap import the date on the side is 6 months newer then the car so thatll be around the last time it was changed. Full of black shit as well no doubt it'll be much happier idle improved instantly.

15284989680579170744925617570090.jpg

15284992040838759132799599079627.jpg

• Like 2

Because general maintenance is boring snuck these bad boys in with a massive amp. 2 more amps to go in to run everything else need to save for some more speakers. Hidden real well and have bolted thru the floor so no one is nicking them in a hurry.

15284994241594005991818667038943.jpg

• Like 2

I lunched a wheel today :doubt: stupid stretched tyres! They offer no protection to the rim will keep an eye out for some wide tyres for it. Keen to see what 265's would look like all round instead of the 225's they were new and came with wheels at time not necessarily my preferred choice. 

Just a bad curb rash barely moving but once it contacted had to cringe and back up, will get it fixed.

12 minutes ago, kyteler said:

Pretty sure you can't blame the tires for that, boss.

Nope been 3 years since ive hurt a wheel. The difference is i was looking for a chicks address i was visiting not at the curb.......what a dumbass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Surprisingly this thing hasn't given me any real grief since sorting the rooted cvs.

Only one slight gremlin ive noticed after giving it berrys it runs a little rough and feels a bit doughy which has led me down the dark art of data logging. What to do with this stream of info is a bit over my head but it has me looking at the fuel pump or pressure regulator as a culprit. 

Other then that it fucking RIPS!! Im terrified of breaking it though so nana around in it getting good gas mileage 99% of the time, i did surprise a soarer driver the other week which has got me liking it again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally bought a VCDS lead and licensed Software version and plugged in tonight and did a full scan fuck me this had a "list" as long as my arm of fault codes. Ive saved them cleared and rescanned only one came back throttle body related so i sussed out the procedure for an adaptation did it, rescanned and now its happy.

The amount of things that also suddenly seem happy now is impressive. 

I recently hired a tech at work who is fluent in obd programming mitsi's hes built a 10 second lancer so i think i can trust him to have a crack at this..... after he has a practice on his Jetta hes just bought.

• Like 2

Scanned again today after clocking up 600ks

Code came up for air loss between turbo and throttle. So pulled the diverter valve and cracked it open luckily its been replaced with a GFB unit. Surprisingly it doesn't run a seat for the plunger to seal on so i wound it down a bit harder to try get it seated firmer and will see about some new o rings that the plunger seals on.

Screenshot_20180909-192853_Chrome.jpg

• 3 months later...

Ive got the list of things needing attention down to 3 recurring faults which dont stop me driving it its just irksome. When this thing is on song its a hoot to drive! Ive landed a new better paying job for next year so will chase more power with some tuning and a exhaust and buy a small ecobox to daily.

just ordered a new oem airflow meter today as the original is near death.

• Like 1

Fitted a boost gauge this weekend and think i may of Figured out why this thing is temperamental highly strung and runs rough after a decent bit of WOT....... its running 21psi of boost! And on a standard cat and exhaust which looks suspiciously like a na one at that.

So my list of mods to be done in new year has shrunk back to just a 3" exhaust. No wonder it hates these 25+ c days.