Dave's new Daily with all the Bees and Weasels

Muncie

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First true WOT run as before the vibration got pretty horrible and I didn't want to hurt the gearbox. Now goes hard for what it is owes me $4200 so thats ok by me, beats the engine swap I was going to do on the old one.

Oh and a whole heap of things I didn't know it could do have fired up with the new fuse box yay!

• Like 1

New Boost control valve took forever to arrive hopefully ticks off the boost fluctuation I seem to get at the end of long drives.

It's the gold one. 

Still a bit of a vibration in the front it is far far better think I might do the right hand half shaft to close that chapter.

20180519_103225.jpg

Front springs could be snipped a little back I might compress. Then add some big sway bars to make it Daily driver friendly but happy in the corners I will at least do meremere but Hampton downs looks like fun too.

Car did not like having the N75 (boost control) valve pulled. Barely started 2-3 restarts before it idled right then ran a bit weird and jerky for 30 minutes now its good holds boost it used to trail off pretty bad. 

Another Rockauto order on it's way so will have a solid driveline after I fit this halfshaft. Grabbed some new platinum sparkplugs too while I was at.

Liking the 5 stage auto shifts real crisp and snappy and its 2018 I'm not changing gears in traffic myself.

I just dont learn I guess. I haven't spent more than $400 bucks I've wanted a turbo Audi or vw product for 10+ years I dont expect to daily it for much longer fortunately. 

To be fair to the last one it only ever got a bit thirsty after I refused to put it into a shop because "I fix my own stuff" once I did it cost me beer and was mint. My late model toyotas and hondas I've owned if they stopped they weren't going anywhere. Neither of these Vws stopped getting me to work despite minor running issues. I'm now trying to get this one perfect for weekend cruising and a bit of track fun without breaking.

5 hours ago, loest8 said:

Loving this thing gota vw bora myself vr6 4motion is this actually a 4motion wagon if so they pritty hatd to find over here 

Was advertised as a 4 motion after looking under it after a test drive it isn't, the owner harped on about though it being 4wd.

1 diff less to break got a decent discount for it not been 4wd too.

Fed it some full synthetic 5/40 oil as i think it had a sump full Repco's cheapest home brand "stuff" no idea what its viscosity was. It drained out clean and the new stuff is bloody hard to spot on the dipstick after a run around the block.

Already feels better to drive hopefully the new halfshaft arrives early next week to tick off the last item on my preventive maintenance list. 

Then an exhaust will happen hopefully shortly....

• Like 1

All back together now whole point of removing the hose clip was allow me to get a hose off to flush out the throttle body quite a bit of muck got washed out so glad i did.

Also found that the intercooler pipes were barely on so those are on all the way now with some new hose clamps. Also vented the plastic inner guard to try get some more air through the intercooler 130mm thick it'll need all the air flow it can get.

15273003552222755056877453777005.jpg

• Like 1