Square’s 38 Chev taildragger discussion

square

3 hours ago, 63Ragtop said:

No spats?

looks good to me!!

Cheers man, yeah I should try spats

2 hours ago, Chris.QCR said:

Stunning as always Blair and always lifting the level with every car you build. Hope to see it one day in the real life

Cheers Chris, had a good night drinking with Sharatt saturday, he heading back to rumble

2 hours ago, 63Ragtop said:

would love to have seen some step by step shit on the those front fender mods!

Yeah, I wanted it done but am not up to it, we looked at them alot. Mitch at Stewies did most of it, all steel.

Thanks Fellas, Im stoked to have it on the road finally 

• Like 2

Front is a Heidts IFS which I got to avoid the design approval, they are average. I ordered it as a kit from Kruzin Kustoms and they supplied it with coil springs, no bag mounts and airbag LCAs, never again.

And kenneth stfu

20160714_143547.jpg

On 4/11/2018 at 22:11, square said:

Yeah I pissed the HAMB fags off and they deleted it, ill try and rewrite what Ive done on here tomorrow

They are a precious bunch of rodding hipsters. What did you do to upset the original leaf sprung cart?

7 hours ago, dmulally said:

They are a precious bunch of rodding hipsters. What did you do to upset the original leaf sprung cart?

Airbags probably.  They delete many threads for who know what reason...   Should put a nixie tube dash in a car to keep it period correct but piss them off because it's digital.

• Like 2

Yeah airbags and IFS, the main reason I got snotty was I had just spent an hour fighting the computer uploading pics and crap only for them to ditch it all. I respect the need for their standard but they dont police it, the site is full of sick builds with bags etc, Ive ripped plenty of ideas off it over the years.

With the IFS I ordered it through Krusin Kustoms ( do the right thing, shop in NZ right ? ) and it showed up wrong, they made a minimal effort to put it right and I had to make the missing parts. So next time Ill go back to ordering direct. No Doubt Heidts screwed it up originally. 

The way their kits tie into the frame rails is average, on the Art Morrision ones etc the vertical spring loads are transferred straight into the crossmember, on these and a lot of others it levers against the bottom of the spring mount where it attaches to the frame ( just above rack in pic), these old frames are a 2 piece and not that thick so I plated the frame and raised the crossmember so it attaches to the back of the spring cup aswell which seem to have worked, but then Ive changed a pre-approved product so have fisted myself. 

Also shock mounts supplied had shocks mounted in single shear with bolts, I cant change coz pre-approved, so I submit it and it fails, then have to change, again fisting self. 

Anyway feds are happy 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1