Avenga's 1UZ V8 powered 1980 Avenger Wagon

Avenga

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, nzed said:

This looks like it will be so much fun to drive!

Are you doing the fab/panel work yourself? 

I’m getting Bygone Autos to do all the fab work for me. They did really great work on my other Avenger 

53 minutes ago, mjrstar said:

Fuck

Yeah

Should be a sweet little sleeper!

Yeah. Should be a really cool sleeper because nobody would expect a V8 in a little Avenger Wagon. 

Yeah. It’s staying stock other than the mechanicals. I have hidden all the reinforcements under the body and I hope to get the trumpets under the hood, so it should look really stock, until you open the hood or start the car. 

The modgies are going. I am going to replace them with 15x7 chrome D windows. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good to see you back, dropping half a build thread in one day! :shock:

The digital dash caught my eye. I think it's better than the alternative of a bunch of those off-the-shelf analogue gauges, plus you get pretty lights and all of the geeky data... Manufacturer's product page if anyone's interested: http://aimsports.com/en/products/mxs-strada/index.htm

9 hours ago, Avenga said:

The modgies are going. I am going to replace them with 15x7 chrome D windows. 

You're replacing modgies with modgies? :wink:

Kidding - I expect there are limited choices available when you need to be able to specify so much about the wheel. What's happening with the suspension, front brakes etc?

1 hour ago, Thousand Dollar Supercar said:

Good to see you back, dropping half a build thread in one day! :shock:

The digital dash caught my eye. Manufacturer's product page if anyone's interested: http://aimsports.com/en/products/mxs-strada/index.htm

You're replacing modgies with modgies? :wink:

Kidding - I expect there are limited choices available when you need to be able to specify so much about the wheel. What's happening with the suspension, front brakes etc?

I started the build about 2 months ago, over on the Avenger forum. I wanted to make sure that the V8 would at least fit before posting it here.

Slightly more different modgies. My rear diff is about 100mm narrower than the standard Avenger diff so I am going to have to run quite a bit of negative offset which sort of limits my wheels. They are pretty much going to be the chrome version of the black D windows on my 75 Avenger.

Yup. That's the dash. It's an AIM MXS Strada, street icon version. It's pretty cool. Has really good software that lets you design how you want the dash to look. and then you can store 6 layouts then just switch between them on the fly. You can add a GPS and it can do lap times etc so if I am doing a track day then I can just switch over to one of the track layouts and it will show all my lap times etc.

21 minutes ago, brocky41 said:

Wow nice work, I do like a good high revving V8 - please lift factory limiter a little :)

Yeah. I will be lifting the rev limit. The throttle bodies and better exhaust should let me pull some more revs. I have the link ECU so I will run it up on the dyno when I am tuning it then decide where to set the rev limit based to the HP curve.