Avenga

Avenga's 1UZ V8 powered 1980 Avenger Wagon

On 03/02/2019 at 23:48, Truenotch said:

They’re good motors. 

Also worth looking at the Toyota GR series (2GRFE).

I’ve done a lot of research into doing rwd 2GR. Absolute pain in the ass. Can swap onto a small box that won’t handle the torque and no room for starter as the block design means the starter has to be on the Gbox side.

or a Lexus sc350 2GR with auto and custom bellhousing to manual box, $$$

1GR with R box is the go, but it’s a pleb commercial vehicle motor compared to a Nissan 35.

2GR bellhousing pattern is different to the Lexus 2GR and 1GR so that’s a no go.

ford or Nissan for sure

On 03/02/2019 at 23:48, Truenotch said:

They’re good motors. 

Also worth looking at the Toyota GR series (2GRFE).

I’ve done a lot of research into doing rwd 2GR. Absolute pain in the ass. Can swap onto a small box that won’t handle the torque and no room for starter as the block design means the starter has to be on the Gbox side.

or a Lexus sc350 2GR with auto and custom bellhousing to manual box, $$$

1GR with R box is the go, but it’s a pleb commercial vehicle motor compared to a Nissan 35.

2GR bellhousing pattern is different to the Lexus 2GR and 1GR so that’s a no go.

ford or Nissan for sure

If you have two cars but largely the same except for engines, then they need to be different enough that its not a hard decision to take which one for a drive.

I dont think a v6 turbo isn going to feel hugely different to a 1uz in terms of power delivery etc.

Turbo rotary and then each car has its own completely different charm! :D

or a high strung turbo hyabusa engine or something. Something as completely different to a 1uz as possible.

• Like 5