Avenga

Avenga's 1UZ V8 powered 1980 Avenger Wagon

Actually a greater concern will be the negative cabin pressure drawing dust/fumes into the car.  Especially on a wagon with that huge rear door.  I've had a car (hatchback coupe) where just opening the sunroof created negative pressure which used to draw in all the exhaust fumes to the cabin. How many liters is the inside of the car?  @6k  rpm  the engine will draw in 12000 liters of air per minute. Or a 209 drum of air per.second.  that would be all the air inside the car gone in less that twenty seconds. You'll need an air mask like the baddie in Fury Road. 

• Like 3

did you guys miss the pic of the box around the filter and the words "It will draw air from the vent by the windscreen." 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carsnz123 said:

did you guys miss the pic of the box around the filter and the words "It will draw air from the vent by the windscreen." 

Clearly, yes.

Yes. It is sealed into the cabin by that box around it and draws air in the vent under the window. The same way the heater used to.

• Like 1

Yip, good luck with the recovery and the health benefits that come from it. You won't know yourself in a few months time!

hope your recovery is all going well.

personally think painting the engine stuff the same colour as the body could look too much of the same colour like overdone but could also look great like alot of show cars have done. 

take a look at this build and see what you think of the red

also wrinkle black or red could work

or get the aluminum components vapour blasted.

but whatever you end up doing will still look great as the current build is!   

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback.

I do like the silver and black because it has a good contrast

CelicaV8Medium.jpg

AY0F0958.jpg

My problem with black is that in makes the engine look very bland, because the plastic trim is also black. I like the contrast of silver and black better.

There a car with a black 1UZ and ITB's in the next workshop over so I went and took a photo of it's engine. It just looks like too much black and nothing to break it up.

IMG_5954_zpsgqy5h5zb.jpg

Here is a pic online that I found with crinkle paint which looks better because it has some silver accents

dsc_3918-large.jpg

Or I could go something crazy and custom like this :P But I don't really want to add a third colour in to the engine bay.

BHP-Show-2013-42.jpg

I like the shade of red your masking tape is. Maybe just some accents, not a whole pile of red.

Like those rocker covers ^

Hey mate, looking good and progressing quick!

Could you let me know the make and part number of that idle control valve? Looks useful for my application!

• Like 1

Thanks Richie. I'm rushing to get it ready for my South Island trip in October. Fingers crossed!!

The idle control valve is from NZEFI. Here is a link http://www.nzefi.com/product/2-wire-idle-speed-control-solenoid-kit-weld-flange/

2-Wire-Idle-Speed-Solenoid-including-Wel

They also do a remote mount version http://www.nzefi.com/product/2-wire-remote-mount-idle-speed-control-solenoid-kit/

• Like 3