Avenga's 1UZ V8 powered 1980 Avenger Wagon

Avenga

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, kiwi808 said:

My heart says rotary but the brain says V6 twin turbo.

1 hour ago, Ashkellybarr said:

V6 with twin t28’s :salute:

Yeah, I was thinking V6 twin turbo would be pretty awesome, especially next to the V8. I don’t know much about what V6’s are good for engine swaps so I’ll need to start researching it like I did with the 1UZ

39 minutes ago, CUL8R said:

Thats fair moving Richard, glad you're getting some decent use out of it over summer!

Thanks! I was really impressed with my drag times, it’s a really fun car to drive! Been doing a ton of driving over summer, just going on little road trips down to beaches or bush walks, such a nice car to drive.  Been to tons of shows in it also  

Those wheels really set it off also! So glad I waited for them! Totally worth the wait!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Avenga said:

Yeah, I was thinking V6 twin turbo would be pretty awesome, especially next to the V8. I don’t know much about what V6’s are good for engine swaps so I’ll need to start researching it like I did with the 1UZ

vw vr6 turbo

19 hours ago, Ashkellybarr said:

Theres ford Duratech v6 guys put in all sorts, so might find bellhousing and other conv parts pretty easy. Can’t imagine they would be a super common swap in NZ so might get reasonable pricing on them

Same as Jag V6 from S-type, should be easy to find engine and auto at dismantlers, or whole parts car cheap.

Nissan V6 also good choice from 350Z or Skyline? Should be plenty of those at the wreckers. 

On 01/02/2019 at 13:20, locost_bryan said:

Same as Jag V6 from S-type, should be easy to find engine and auto at dismantlers, or whole parts car cheap.

Nissan V6 also good choice from 350Z or Skyline? Should be plenty of those at the wreckers. 

Yeah after posting this I found a guy put a jag one into an mx5 in the uk and a company that’s sells conversion parts for it. Inc carbon intakes

youtube “car throttle mx5” and it’ll turn up

and yeah imagine 2.5L Nissan motors are pretty reasonable price to

On 03/02/2019 at 23:48, Truenotch said:

They’re good motors. 

Also worth looking at the Toyota GR series (2GRFE).

I’ve done a lot of research into doing rwd 2GR. Absolute pain in the ass. Can swap onto a small box that won’t handle the torque and no room for starter as the block design means the starter has to be on the Gbox side.

or a Lexus sc350 2GR with auto and custom bellhousing to manual box, $$$

1GR with R box is the go, but it’s a pleb commercial vehicle motor compared to a Nissan 35.

2GR bellhousing pattern is different to the Lexus 2GR and 1GR so that’s a no go.

ford or Nissan for sure

On 03/02/2019 at 23:48, Truenotch said:

They’re good motors. 

Also worth looking at the Toyota GR series (2GRFE).

I’ve done a lot of research into doing rwd 2GR. Absolute pain in the ass. Can swap onto a small box that won’t handle the torque and no room for starter as the block design means the starter has to be on the Gbox side.

or a Lexus sc350 2GR with auto and custom bellhousing to manual box, $$$

1GR with R box is the go, but it’s a pleb commercial vehicle motor compared to a Nissan 35.

2GR bellhousing pattern is different to the Lexus 2GR and 1GR so that’s a no go.

ford or Nissan for sure

If you have two cars but largely the same except for engines, then they need to be different enough that its not a hard decision to take which one for a drive.

I dont think a v6 turbo isn going to feel hugely different to a 1uz in terms of power delivery etc.

Turbo rotary and then each car has its own completely different charm! :D

or a high strung turbo hyabusa engine or something. Something as completely different to a 1uz as possible.

• Like 5