Avenga's 1UZ V8 powered 1980 Avenger Wagon

Avenga

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they do on the hotwires. I like the first one better anyway. I used to have hotwires on my old Avenger race car so I sort of wanted something different and have always liked the look of those first ones.

7 hours ago, Shandangles said:

I hope you have good earmuffs. That induction noise will be ruthless in the cabin 10/10

I like induction noise so it should sound pretty cool. I am going to build a little enclosure around it so it will suck air in through the plenum.

21 minutes ago, MRT1TRD said:

May I recommend using N2O for a heater when it backfires

Haha, good idea.

I have already brought my new heater. Using this electric one https://dcthermal.com/product/sa12-4000-12-volt-brushless-cab-heater/

Hey dude, long time no see. Good to see you still doing the expensive car toy things. Been bitten myself - got two AW11 MR2's now, with one donating its 4AGE turbo to the daily soon. Be cool to catch up some time. -Cam

• 4 weeks later...

Very surprised that you purchased something from cartune.

Who did you deal with there?

That place and owner has interesting history... I thought it was long gone/closed.

Edit. 

Even more perplexed the more i think about this and read. 

That website is extremely out of date and completely irrelevant - none of those services exist at the stated location. Infact the owner moved out to live/work on his parents (i think) farm maybe 2? Years ago.

Super odd.

I brought it from Kelvin at Cartune. Been chatting to him via emails.

He was really quick, brought it on Trademe on Wednesday, arrived today.

I don't know anything about their history other than they have done a lot of 1UZ conversions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Avenga said:

I brought it from Kelvin at Cartune. Been chatting to him via emails.

He was really quick, brought it on Trademe on Wednesday, arrived today.

I don't know anything about their history.

Hi mate.

Updated my post above.

He is a great guy but id be a weeee bit careful.

The fact he is promoting cartune (and that website) is just bizarre.

Yeah, I don't know. I just brought it off trademe and chucked up the link in case anyone else doing a similar engine swap wanted to do the same thing and run only the alternator.

He did say that he lived and worked on a family farm.  He wasn't promoting the website, other than his email address was at that website and he sent a business card with that URL in the package.

It's the only bit that I have brought from them and I saw it, and it fits my needs so I brought it. I'll let you know how it goes when I get the engine running but it looks nicely made and the service was quick and the communications was good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually a greater concern will be the negative cabin pressure drawing dust/fumes into the car.  Especially on a wagon with that huge rear door.  I've had a car (hatchback coupe) where just opening the sunroof created negative pressure which used to draw in all the exhaust fumes to the cabin. How many liters is the inside of the car?  @6k  rpm  the engine will draw in 12000 liters of air per minute. Or a 209 drum of air per.second.  that would be all the air inside the car gone in less that twenty seconds. You'll need an air mask like the baddie in Fury Road. 

• Like 3