Bluebear01

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/09/2018 at 19:08, sheepers said:

Yea you'll find pretty much everyone that's strapped a uz to the front of a W55-8 has had the same result. Especially in a heavy car like a crown. 

Second gear, or possibly third will Chernobyl at some point. 

R154 is your boy. 

I went R154 in my 1UZ Avenger build for the same reason. I heard the W55-8's don't last.

Loving the build though, it's good to see someone else doing a 1UZ engine swap at the moment.

The photos with your son working on the car are choice, he looks like a pro in his tiny little work overalls. Looks like he enjoys it and perfect for getting those hard to reach bolts out :) Maybe I need to hire him to do some of the fiddly bits on my 1UZ :) 

• 7 months later...

Wow, haven't checked this in a while! Cheers @Avenga!

I'm currently sorting out an in tank fuel pump, and I noticed the wiring is there for an electric pump, even though this was always the carb model. It might be a long shot, but does anyone have a wiring diagram for the MS112 crown or know where the fuel pump relay/wiring is on the efi model? It might save me running a new circuit to the front. Cheers! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

This is lovely, so great it's almost ready to be on the road, must feel so satisfying.

I've just got a 1990 JZX81 and have no idea where to find parts for it, it's got me a bit stumped as I need various small bits of trim and springs etc to get it WOF'able. Any advice?

Thanks man, it certainly is satisfying! It's been a real uphill battle to finish the last 5% mind you. It's more likely my interpretation of 95% complete isn't entirely accurate! I've always had trouble with parts for the Crown, the best way I've found to get those small parts was to buy a complete wreck and strip it myself. The parts/scrap steel you don't need usually pay for the thing. Otherwise just phone every wrecker you can find! You should start a thread for your JZX81 though, lots of good folk on here ready to help. 

• Like 1

Good work! That's a short list.

Front pads are usually the key thing to get right , if it has vented discs, get a really good quality pad and it should be fine. You can try the brake test yourself with a stopwatch, if it can do 5 stops from 100 to 0 under 4.4 sec each time, in a total of 3 minutes max, it should pass  

• Thanks 1