Tristans 1973 Triumph 2500 PI Saloon

You probably know this already but when going low on these you get mega camber and toe in at the back. Might be worth looking into options to remedy that considering the effort you are planning on!

keen to see how things end up

• Like 1

Cool - looks good from far........how about close up pics of the rust?   Are you sure it’s bad enough to go full bore on the body.

i have had my Datsun since 1997 and it’s always had rust......however tackling spots at a time is a good way to keep it on the road continuously......which is good for the mechanical bits.

i know if I started a full resto it would be 10 years of heart ache!

cool to have a PI - they are unique and a beautifully detailed design that has aged incredibly well.

• Like 2

PI Lyfe.

Note the interior has leather front seats only available on the PI. Be a shame to ditch em. If you do decide to get rid of the carpet giz to me cause mine's black and i don't like it (racist)

Must get rid of many cars so that I can work on mine again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, triumph...tristan said:

I have my mind set on two wheels at the moment but im really unsure of what ones ill use yet! I originally got the star sharks re lipped for the car but then i really liked the look of some focus racing fin wheels so i scored my self some of those, they just recently arrived from japan, ill be getting those re lipped soon. 

IMG_7025_opt.jpg.4b7a687870c080e5363ed655ba25bda2.jpg

IMG_7169_opt.jpg.8e3d7b93cc0a393b61db90188974fae2.jpg

What's it cost getting wheels from Japan? My thinking is that the freight alone would make for a really expensive set of wheels, so I've never looked into it....

@Adoom I got them through a business called Kyusha garage. Theres also moonlight racing, You give the guy your max bid and then he sorts out all the shipping and stuff.  They cost me $900 shipped to my door the wheels sold for about $500 then it was about $400 of all the other costs, its expensive but i wasent having any luck finding them in New Zealand. 

• Like 2