EpochNZ's 1973 Saab 99 - Discussion

EpochNZ

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, kiwi808 said:

Get in running, WOF, REG, Supercharge the engine and some low. Paint later.

Fixed. You'll probably get lichen growing on your fence now after waterbalsting the car off. From memory the engine is 9.0:1 so a bar or so of boost should make it a little more lively. 

2 minutes ago, Carsnz123 said:

Fixed. You'll probably get lichen growing on your fence now after waterbalsting the car off. From memory the engine is 9.0:1 so a bar or so of boost should make it a little more lively. 

I was going to post a photo of a piece of lichen on my thumb but thought better of it.

Its no issue anyway, most of it ended up on the next door neighbours camper van.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kiwi808 said:

I’m so jealous of your Saab’s awesomeness.

Hold that jealousy until it actually moves under its own power...at the moment its just a Driveway Ornament.

Once its running I'll bring it down to Dunners one holiday to an OS meet and it will be free rides for all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/03/2018 at 08:33, EpochNZ said:

Glass is good as well.

Underneath?  Well, that could be another story.

Do they just have a flat floor? 

Replace with huge 5mm checkerplate skid pan

Will be lush. Just make sure your manifolds are not in danger

3 hours ago, avengertiger said:

love this car,headrests are awesome those seats look relatively straight forward to clean up.What pcd are the wheels by the way?

A Rough measure has the PCD at 115mm.  According to the manual it came stock with a set of 115/15s but its now sporting some 165/15s which were standard for the EMS and slightly gruntier L models.

2 hours ago, tortron said:

Do they just have a flat floor? 

Replace with huge 5mm checkerplate skid pan

Will be lush. Just make sure your manifolds are not in danger

I have several plans for this car, that may happen in the future.

On 3/20/2018 at 11:27, yoeddynz said:

Oh and we owned an early 900 for a while. Great cars to drive. Had trouble sorting out the clutch hydraulics though.  Weird arrangement. 

I worked for Holden in ozz we had the Saab franchise as well. I did a clutch on on. Would be a ok job with all the service tools but had nothing. But the whole North South backwards engine thing is a real ball ache. Actually I think I just slipped a new friction plate in and called it quits. Because the gearbox would not move enough and the customer didn't want to pay to have the engine out. Still not real sure how it all works.