Smitty's 1987 320i Coupe

smitty

So I've been looking for an e30 manual 6 cyl coupe for a while. Finally found this one for sale in Havelock North, pretty much right next to home:

dL2un4u.jpg

Lzx8Nm8.jpg

wkk6pXn.jpg

XYUZIWi.jpg

I'd even seen the car around a couple times and taken pictures:

THAhlYF.jpg

UIVaJEa.jpg

The problem being that I don't live at home anymore. I moved to chch for uni. Luckily enough my parents were happy to view the car for me and potentially pick it up.

And with my luck the day before they view (and only a day after the guy posted the car to facebook) I get the news that the guy fell asleep while driving home from work and had an unfortunate encounter with a lamp post:

YoVlLkU.jpg

BlOALEi.jpg

8tS4HSZ.jpg

But I decided fuck it I'll go for it anyway, I've been looking for so long and how hard can it be to fix?

Also it's got some nasty rot under one of the tail lights:

Lywx4Lu.jpg

And some on the sunroof too:

jhTwrtB.jpg

6xHxnMw.jpg

Anyway I'm looking forwards to Easter when I actually fly back home and get a good proper look at the car.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 06/09/2018 at 19:27, Agent75 said:

Looking nice with those wheels. Are they the bbs 15” ones that come with higher spec e30s or after market? They look good either way

They're actually knock off aftermarket models I think, definitely not the BBS Style 5s although to be honest I love them just as much, they're very unique.

Anyway, small update. Fixed my exhaust leak. Next up is fixing the wacky brake issue...

Also bought an e34 525i with the m20b25 engine that doesn't go (cranks but wont start) for $250, thats currently residing on the wrong island. Planning on building an m20b28 stroker using the 2.8 crank from an m52b28 out of an e36 and the conrods out of my m20b20 currently in my car still. Probably gonna be a big hassle but its worth a shot, and it was real cheap so hey.

aMrmNSm.png

jAsiDUR.png

• Like 2