Evan

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

@sheepers Have you ever considered one of the retro sound mp3 players Link so you dont need to have an out of place modern head unit? They're pretty sweet little units.. 

*edit.. They make one for a cruiser, should fit a crown.. 

https://www.retromanufacturing.com/products/1972-78-toyota-land-cruiser-fj40-hermosa-radio?rq=yr_1972~mk_toyota~md_land-cruiser-fj40&variant=29743800067

Is crazy how power steering changes the whole feeling of an old car.. I put power steering in both my 929 and 121 and the difference was phenomenal, just parking blew my mind as they were both heavy recirc ball boxes with a small steering wheel which made parking a cunt, as bad as my fj55 cruiser. 

Power steering for lyfe.. 

yea man for sure. the other big thing that really made it different was how fucked the old steering box was.

it had a tight spot exactly on straight ahead so to make a tiny correction to direction on the motorway you would turn a tiny bit and nothing would happen, then turn a bit more and nothing would happen, then it would bet over the tight spot and fuck off across the lane. it sucked.

it does not do that now.

next big ticket item is to put the 4 stage auto in.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

front springs are XY falcon i think, they are "tunable" in that they have a couple of coils at the top that are wound touching each other so you can cut a coil off and its dosent effect the spring.

the rears are toyota Previa springs (i think) that i got compressed.

shocks are all custom bilstien but i believe the fronts started life as left overs from the  HQ race series.

Ian at racelign suspension in Mt wellington will be able to sell you the correct springs. he loves toyota crowns. 

• Like 1

The springs I think I'll just cut the fronts as they sit way up in their tower so will sit fine 

The rear shocks are the big issue for me as I count find any off the shelf short enough with the correct mounts.

I've got some kyb high pressure gas shocks in the back st the moment as it was all I could get