Tyla's Toyota mr2 aw11 3sgte

Tyla

Impressed that it manages to fit in without chopping holes. For some reason I always thought they needed clearance around the front but I might be confused with the Toyota V6 swap.

Barry Dowler is nice to deal with eh. Pretty chilled. He, probably like most certifiers, doesnt like peaked cap, tall black sock and jandal wearing Redbull drinking yoof telling him he is wrong and they are right.

So glad you've kept this looking stock. You'll have some fun surprising folk!  Just dont end up backwards in a hedge- like I did many times in my Aw11 when I ran out of talent :-)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The engines run by a link g1 ecu and has made good power when it used to be in a sw20, but I've been having trouble getting it to make full boost, I've only been able to get 12-14psi out of it which is still alot of fun

IMG_20180317_212315.jpg

• Like 1

The secret to going fast (if i remember correctly) is a steel wheel ct20b. That + downpipe and boost controller was enough to get my old flatmate (alsw20) doing 12.7 down the quarter and 4.2 seconds to 100 (again, from memory) in a full weight sw20. I got to drive that particular car on the street and it was just awesome... 

You could be boost limited by the little turbo thats on there..they are pretty average.

• Like 1

It has a ct20b and 3inch downpipe but the exhaust is crap after that, I drove it around open downpipe not too long ago and got it to flow 18psi which was awesome but it was still acting a bit weird and not hitting its boost target until 6k+ rpm, I think the main thing for me to do now is put a proper exhaust on it and then see how it runs

• Like 1

• 2 months later...