Tyla's Toyota mr2 aw11 3sgte

Tyla

Sideby side with the 3sgte and e153 transmission, everything is much wider but length is about the same which is good as I was worried about it fitting between the "chassis" rails

Snapchat-1189315008.jpg

So I jacked up the car to have look around and make sure everything was good as theres been a bit more rattling than normal lately and found that my front lower engine mount where it bolts into the chassis wasn't happy about the extra torque so it looks like I'm going to have to get some more practice welding

IMG_20180313_155332.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Re did the exhaust on the mr2 today to make it breath better, all 3inch piping with the smallest bit being 2.5inch at the flex joint.

Kept the cost down by getting all the tubing and muffler from a wreckers.

It's a fair bit louder but is pulling harder and all the way to redline which the old 1.75inch (at the tightest point) exhaust was restricting

Screenshot_20180512-193800.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

been having trouble getting the car to boost properly and am starting to run out of ideas so i logged some pulls and was surprised to find the car was making 16psi momentarily in first gear and then about 10psi in second and 9psi in third and taking quite awhile to spool.

if anyone has any ideas they'd be much appreciated

1.PNG

2.PNG