Too many strokes, Raizer builds a wheely hack

Raizer

1 hour ago, Chris.QCR said:

100km or 100mph ? 

Kmp/h

Had it to 94 the other day with the lean 165mj, reckon it'll do 100+ with enough fuel.

It's fucking dodgy as over 70 though, rusted out wobbly front rim isn't doing it any favours lol.

/Will easily do 100+ with a 16t front sprocket.

Swapped in a 170mj and 17.5 pilot earlier and it's running a lot nicer.

Keep meaning to send you pics of the old carb if you still want it.

• Like 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

So yeah since last post I had it back in Auckland for a pest with @GuyWithAviators, @chris r and not @Shakotom as he had a work event... it ran like shit all, spent as much time trying to fix a fucked coil terminal that was arcing out than riding and then it developed a nasty rev cut out/limiter.

The GC @chris r gave me a hand to rewire the coil, fixed it mostly but not the limiter issue, even changing the CDI, coil and plug didn't help...

After my hang over cleared I realised it was throttle position related not RPM, so I pulled the carb off in the hotel carpark and discovered that the main jet had fallen out of the emulsion tube and was loose in the float bowl... Yep that'll do it.

Next night @MopedNZ took Guywithaviators for a pest around Tauranga, my exhaust snapped near the start and I spent the night with a massive crack at the headpipe and it having the most power it had made, epic night.

Got it home and left it in the shed till last week, with tomorrow's Auckland ride looming I figured I'd better fix the exhaust, so I zapped it up and went for a test ride, discovered it'd lost all mid range power

Fuck.

Decided it was the muffler restricting it even though it was very free flow, fucked around with jetting etc then decided wtf and remade the muffler core with less packing and no fluting to restrict flow and called it done.

Didn't test ride, until last night I went to push it into the van and figured I'd better at least go down the road and see what it was like with the new muffler.

Idled up to temp, first gear out the driveway felt good, on the road and into 2nd, ripped open the throttle and it spluttered, roared, lifted the front wheel then *POP* and it died, no compression at all.

Fuck. Again.

IMG_20180524_195425.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

At least it's not a holed piston or fried valve, looking at the bright side.

Explains a few issues it's been having too, I actually think it's been leaking for a while tbh, grey carbon flecked oil was odd!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cletus said:

Being a new engine, it might benefit from re torquing the head after running it a couple of times?

Or do you think its a tuning issue?

I had torqued it to 10 or 11nm which is the stock setting, after talking with @BLIZZO it seems like bumping that up to maybe 15nm or more wouldn't be a bad idea with the high compression head and piston combo.

Re-torquing wouldn't hurt either with China gaskets, looking at getting a copper gasket for it too.

I'm thinking the ever growing head gasket leak was the main reason I've been struggling to get a consistent tune.

• Like 1