diesel spam

Giant

Oh I should have done bearings twelve times on that Cruiser haha

I've never done bearings because they were needed, just people reading internet and getting them done for piece of mind or preventive maintenance.

Also want to see bulletin, some of the high country stuff is running all day but very little mileage and I've never needed to do them either, front end rebuilds every six months though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^Ive got a 1hd ft with 510k and a 1hd fte with 630k on the clock both never had bearings touched

Think its early 80 series with 1hd t (12 valve turbo)they had a recall on bottom end bearings.

Anyone here got a 70 series with the 1vdt?hows it been to own?

Looking at replacing my 100 series with one 

Ive talked to a guy that worked at toyota few years back and he told me 2010+ are best(solved oil pump issue) and when clutch packs up replacing with performance after market.

If i get one wonder if it will be as reliable as my 100,it still pulls like a train after 15 years daily duty in construction 

• Like 2

Dont own one but have driven a few tuned ones , for all the hype they seemed a bit meh to me, didn't really go that well I thought.

I'm not super clued up on landcruisers so I dont  know what a 70 series suspension is like but the ute type ones with leaf springs rear ride horribly as well 

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/10/2019 at 12:48, jessemk2 said:

^Ive got a 1hd ft with 510k and a 1hd fte with 630k on the clock both never had bearings touched

Think its early 80 series with 1hd t (12 valve turbo)they had a recall on bottom end bearings.

Anyone here got a 70 series with the 1vdt?hows it been to own?

Looking at replacing my 100 series with one 

Ive talked to a guy that worked at toyota few years back and he told me 2010+ are best(solved oil pump issue) and when clutch packs up replacing with performance after market.

If i get one wonder if it will be as reliable as my 100,it still pulls like a train after 15 years daily duty in construction 

Ended up not getting a 70 paid bit more and brought a 200 with the twin turbo v8 diesel

Torque for dayyyys!

• Like 4

Egr already done

Had a tune and center muffler removed

Its making just under stock power atw instead of flywheel

Real happy with perfomance at moment,will probably get new exhaust but probably go single not dual just want slight v8 burble,have to live with it as a daily and guy i talked to said no real advantages with twin 3 inch unless chasing high torque numbers.

Better mod for me will be tc lockup to keep trans temps down

• Like 1

torque at wheels, isn't a useful measurement.  depends what gear you are in.  

they could have got it wrong and thats at the engine.  would need 200kw down at 2000rpm to make that at engine,  or 250kw at 2500rpm 

• 2 months later...

found out why my 13bt diesel was cutting out when hitting boost above 15psi, was a little electric valve leaking that sits down by the starter motor, it controls a flap in the intake so that it was cutting airflow off to the engine completely when on song, took me ages to figure out and goes good now. the other issue I'm having is winding the fuel screw in doesn't seem to make any difference? it can be wound right in but doesn't seem to make a difference.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Popped a egt probe in the manifold for the l300 (4d56t) while it was off, I was going to leave it standard but 86hp is a tad punishing in an auto 4wd van. Have some 2.5" exhaust piping and bends left over so will make a new exhaust too as its super simple on the vans. Getting an intercooler on it is going to be a bit more tricky though but im thinking of mounting a water to air behind the drivers seat

loVyEim.jpg

• Like 2

Brought a 300tdi landrover, changed the fuel filter to promptly find the lift pump is busted, appears to have been this way for some time and oddly it still runs apart from slow to start after standing a while, is that rough on the injector pump at all?

• 2 months later...

Anyone on here have any experience on getting more power out of modern diesel vehicle?

currently own a boring 2010 hyundai sonata 

image.jpeg.a7478f0ea8a0ed614d3f4dbc8e59cadb.jpeg 

has a 4 cylinder 2 litre common rail diesel turbo. 

currently has a real flat spot on take off so much pulling out quickly isnt a good idea. To my understanding this is a factory thing to keep people from spinning the tyres on take off.

did look at throttle controllers but couldn't find any that i would buy due to cost or the lack of information on them.

also not looking to make this into a project of its own or throwing big amounts of money into. just wouldn't mind a bit more power