diesel spam

Giant

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had diesel bug in our John Deere a few years ago. It ended up corroding/rooting a few of the expensive injection system components so we just threw the on farm diesel tank into a hole and go to town for diesel now. /ling

• Like 1

That looks like rust in the photo, but if it's slimy it's bug.

Sooo...

What ya wanna do now is pull all your fuel lines out and clean them, remove the little mesh gauze on the fuel pump banjo and clean that, clean the filter housing, drain and clean the tank, and then run some bug kill for the next few fills.

Well I have to get home first so I’ll get a new filter to get me home then give everything a drain and clean. Once the shit has settled out a bit better I’ll tale a closer look but it defiantly felt sludgy and not metal/rust.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think my old work did a Toyota 5L with a cam regrind and the owner said results were good. 

I fail to see why it shouldn't be a good idea.  Depends on the head tho. I know they were doing one for a 1kz but were struggling to get shims big enough to accommodate. So thats something to consider if its shim style valves

I'd be keen as to cam up my 3L. I guess the main reason it's less common for deez is coz longer duration etc generally favours higher rpm, of which diesels don't really do. I'm sure more lift and perhaps a bit more duration would still be beneficial.

That's surely a consequence of what they're generally used for.. towing/heavy loads low rpm torque... if none of that is relevant shouldn't diesels be free from the shackles of commercial life to live the life of a petrol ice?

• Like 1