Russell's Mk1 Cortina_Discussion

My name is Russell

I have 7inch wide steelies on my van with some form of Hankook V2 185/60s. They're obviously a bit more meaty then 175's but ride well.  2/4 do leak which is a cunt. I agree that 175's look a hell of a lot better though and if i would do it again, id go 175's. Welcome to bolt one up and check clearances etc.

post-17673-0-42188200-1456826071_thumb.jpg.6d2c70421f5a297ed0438398bb8f254f.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bmxnz11 said:

I have 7inch wide steelies on my van with some form of Hankook V2 185/60s. They're obviously a bit more meaty then 175's but ride well.  2/4 do leak which is a cunt. I agree that 175's look a hell of a lot better though and if i would do it again, id go 175's. Welcome to bolt one up and check clearances etc.

post-17673-0-42188200-1456826071_thumb.jpg.6d2c70421f5a297ed0438398bb8f254f.jpg

That's quite cool to see thanks @bmxnz11, looks good, I don't mind a little bit of chub side wall, I found with the last pair of 175 50 13s I ran it gave quite a large guard gap even with the car slammed, which I'm not sure is a good idea with this wag. Does ypur tyre rub at all? What part of Wellington are you in? 

8 minutes ago, My name is Russell said:

That's quite cool to see thanks @bmxnz11, looks good, I don't mind a little bit of chub side wall, I found with the last pair of 175 50 13s I ran it gave quite a large guard gap even with the car slammed, which I'm not sure is a good idea with this wag. Does ypur tyre rub at all? What part of Wellington are you in? 

Rubs pretty badly at that height. I have air shocks, so i raise it up for driving. Currently I have some 7inch mesh style wheels with the same size tyres but with more positive offset. Doesn't rub at the height above.

Upper Hutt

The wider wheels look good!

165/65/13 on a 7.5" fronts and 185/60/13 on 8" rears.

Will probably find a 175/60 for the rears when they need replacing.

I was tempted also by the 175/50 but i think the guard gap would'nt look right.

full picsmall.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ~Slideways~ said:

Can see 9-35 so it must be a 3.889, looks pretty fordy to me:

Certainly does look small ford like, will try work out what my current diff ratio is, Jason Craig mentioned 3.9 would be an upgrade so could be onto a winner, cheers man will get back to you. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, My name is Russell said:

Who's good for fitting stretched tyres these days?

Will most guys not fit them now with the new stretch rulez?

Any Wellington tyre fitting recommendations? (175 on 7" wheel) 

I had mine done at The Tyre Clinic on Fifeshire Ave a couple years ago
They had trouble with the 205 onto 9" but persevered and got the job done.
Somewhere like Mag and Tyre Direct in Petone look like they are pretty handy with stretch going by their internet pics

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...