Discuss here about Yoeddynz's little Imp project...

yoeddynz

3 hours ago, mjrstar said:

You are most likely all over this, I didn't see a photo of the back side of the HRB, but one thing I learnt the hard way in a retrofit of a very similar looking Saab HRB into the mx5, is that the back side of the unit needs a solid base. As the rear cover where you gain access to service the hydraulics is a crimped in disc. This will not withstand hydraulic pressure without being sandwiched so it can't move. 

Yeah I've got that covered. I had looked at that and thought much the same. So the feet that support the main base it are quite big and solid as. 

Im also sticking with this older model that has a bleed nipple because I've read that quite alot of pissing about bleeding the later ones when retro fitted. 

• Like 1

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea for RWD applications if its under the tunnel!

This one however will be pretty easy to get to because I'm going to keep a removable cover on the parcel shelf, what is currently covered by the fiberglass box that goes over the Datsun engine.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, anglia4 said:

The tilton one in our race car has a long tube for the bleed, tis plumbed to the top of the firewall so you can bleed it without jacking up the car.

The Morris Ital had this from factory, those forward thinking engineers :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

Good idea for RWD applications if its under the tunnel!

This one however will be pretty easy to get to because I'm going to keep a removable cover on the parcel shelf, what is currently covered by the fiberglass box that goes over the Datsun engine.

I thought that might be the case!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, cubastreet said:

Looks awesome! Did imps have climax engines or am I thinking of something else?

Yeah. I hear about that fact quite often when the barries start swarming. 

"it's a fire pump engine don't you know" 

Usually stated alongside the fact that they handle much better with a sack of concrete in the front :doubt:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4