Discuss here about Yoeddynz's little Imp project...

yoeddynz

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nup - actually live at the bottom of hills - both ways. Great for staying fit, not so great for owning cars with no starter motors :-(

Update coming soon. I have a Honda starter from the wreckers to try out and see how well it fits in.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Latest work is awesome. Ribbing the sump well thought out, lol. A mate made cylinders from billet and cut the finning with a skillsaw with ganged carbide blades. Fast - and I'm told bloody noisy.

I'd doubt if you'll ever use the chain adjusters. Running in oil and under light load in one direction all the time. Set and forget.

A recently deceased pro welder mate used to sit large work on his pot-belly stove in the workshop to preheat. Sometimes several hours. Billet drag heads from V8's usually stayed there all day and cooled overnight.

Carry on the good work.

• Like 3

On 26/08/2021 at 22:36, GregT said:

Latest work is awesome. Ribbing the sump well thought out, lol. A mate made cylinders from billet and cut the finning with a skillsaw with ganged carbide blades. Fast - and I'm told bloody noisy.

I'd doubt if you'll ever use the chain adjusters. Running in oil and under light load in one direction all the time. Set and forget.

A recently deceased pro welder mate used to sit large work on his pot-belly stove in the workshop to preheat. Sometimes several hours. Billet drag heads from V8's usually stayed there all day and cooled overnight.

Carry on the good work.

Who was that?

17 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

Sitting outside cafe this morning nomming down a cake and coffee, watching some barrie in the carpark looking all over my imp, hands on hips, shaking his head and tut tutting.

He heads over to the cafe and orders a coffee. Works out that it's me who owns the imp and asks, in a very strong Yorkshire accent, "how long have you had the imp?" 

"oh maybe 3 years? I rescued it from a rusty shell in a field" I tell him, thinking to myself this could be a nice interesting conversation but having a feeling its going to be painful.. 

"has it still got the original engine?".. he spits out, no interest shown at all in the fact I've taken the effort to rescue a nice little classic car and done a not too bad a job at it.

"nah.. Ive fitted a Datsun engine in there" I replied. Here we go, this will go one way or the other I thought. 

Fuck me did he roll his eyes and gave me the dirtiest look. He might as well have walked over and thumped me one with the fists i could picture him building in his fit of barry rage. 

The conversation stopped there and we left, hannah laughing her arse off at how I've gone and upset another barry with my choice of engine :grin:

Pre-empt that shit and say "no, I had to put something good in it, you know, reliable, doesn't leak like all those useless union made British engines, so I went with something Japanese, precision engineered and trustworthy.  Fuck the English, if it was so great there we wouldn't be here, am I right?" 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

Sitting outside cafe this morning nomming down a cake and coffee, watching some barrie in the carpark looking all over my imp, hands on hips, shaking his head and tut tutting.

He heads over to the cafe and orders a coffee. Works out that it's me who owns the imp and asks, in a very strong Yorkshire accent, "how long have you had the imp?" 

"oh maybe 3 years? I rescued it from a rusty shell in a field" I tell him, thinking to myself this could be a nice interesting conversation but having a feeling its going to be painful.. 

"has it still got the original engine?".. he spits out, no interest shown at all in the fact I've taken the effort to rescue a nice little classic car and done a not too bad a job at it.

"nah.. Ive fitted a Datsun engine in there" I replied. Here we go, this will go one way or the other I thought. 

Fuck me did he roll his eyes and gave me the dirtiest look. He might as well have walked over and thumped me one with the fists i could picture him building in his fit of barry rage. 

The conversation stopped there and we left, hannah laughing her arse off at how I've gone and upset another barry with my choice of engine :grin:

Only 3 letters needed "BHG!"

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...