Discuss here about Yoeddynz's little Imp project...

yoeddynz

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Hogan- cheers. Yeah I have seen a few snippets of his channel and I must watch more but I always end up drifting off to watch old episodes of the peep show or 8 out of ten cats etc etc.  I really must sort my shit out and learn stuff from channels like his on the internets. Funny enough was that over on the uk retrorides forum someone suggested I check out Allans channel too.

Whilst I'm here- you're into bikes along with half of the chch crew. Its been suggested on retrorides that the itbs from a BMW k75 would be a really good match for my heads. If anyone knows where in NZ I can try to locate such things that would be sweet.  They are available bloody cheap on Ebay uk but postage is a killer. Unless again someone has a good idea on cheaper ways to ship from the UK.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-BMW-K75-Throttle-Body-Bodies-13541461113-FREE-UK-SHIPPING-131/264476173551

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

They are available bloody cheap on Ebay uk but postage is a killer. Unless again someone has a good idea on cheaper ways to ship from the UK.

Those look like they would be perfect. Surely you have UK family who can send them on?

If not then I do, they would be obliging I am sure.

Also, Mock The Week and Would I Lie To You are as good, if not better than 8ootc, but you probably know that.

10 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

Yeah I was thinking I could get them sent to my brother and see if he can do the old wink and nudge with karen down at the postshop and get a much cheaper postage rate than the ebay sellers seem to offer. 

T's mum sends weird cardigans all the time, surface is cheap but slow.

• Like 1

K100 itbs are what I sourced for my v6 got 1 set from tardme for around $100 and the other from eBay uk for around the same price posted via you shop  - I take it the Honda has the injectors direct into the head like the bmw as they are only butterflies and body no injector mount - 

Also the factory motorbike trick to use satin alloy coloured paint on alloy casings cos it stays cleaner and easier to wash oil and road gunge off 

• Like 1

No injectors on this puppy. Its got crabs. 

So my plan was to make some flanges to suit the carbs, with injector added seats to suit. 

Might even ask of a friend who has one of those high tech workshop tools that cuts things out of solid stock by magic. Complete numpty control? 

• Like 2

Sweet. Will do. Im hoping I can do a simple enough flange that i can just mill my own. Although our little drill mill can only take so much side load so cuts are shallow and slow making for a dull day indeed when attempting something grand... 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

No injectors on this puppy. Its got crabs. 

So my plan was to make some flanges to suit the carbs, with injector added seats to suit. 

Might even ask of a friend who has one of those high tech workshop tools that cuts things out of solid stock by magic. Complete numpty control? 

Maybe easier to go triumph triple throttle bodies then better quality units and have injector bosses possibly usable size injectors with them also they bolt down - the bmw ones hoseclamp onto a rubber flange 

can send you a spare bmw one for contemplation purposes if you want 

• Like 3

Oh Yep they've been suggested by others. But too big in bore size and too tall. 

Edit- the 675 ones.. Not the above e throttle. Caught out posting as ben was. 

The gw heads have puny 26mm inlet tracts. The k75 are 32mm. 

Those speed triple items are something like 41mm and  oval. I don't have the room to make a suitable adaptor to go down from that to 26mm.