Discuss here about Yoeddynz's little Imp project...

yoeddynz

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Valiant said:

@yoeddynz

Have you ever thought of a leaf conversion?

I have been thinking quite a bit about an electric Jag but I'm struggling to find much information.

A comment you made about a Testla Imp got me thinking about how a Leaf Imp could work.

Main drawback is the cost of the electric stuff when going tesla. Shit, for the cost of importing a drive unit here, batteries and control board modifications  you could have someone else fit an LSA crate motor, then take the family to meccas.

Leaf would be perfect for an imp!

The  hardest part about driving an EV is telling your parents you're gay. 

In another 30 years I'm going to be no different to the old Barry's with their bib overalls and trucker caps at tractor/steam carnivals. Burning dinosaurs and telling Barry sharns about the golden age of gasoline. (Meanwhile the much hated and maligned millenials will be the new boomers in training, pissing and moaning about whatever handle they bestow on the pesky kids of that era)

Dont forget who you are Alex. Burn dinosaurs till the end.....

/ling.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Valiant said:

@yoeddynz

Have you ever thought of a leaf conversion?

I have been thinking quite a bit about an electric Jag but I'm struggling to find much information.

A comment you made about a Testla Imp got me thinking about how a Leaf Imp could work.

Nah I've not thought about them. We do have some friends in the valley with a leaf so I must take it for a hoon.  But I would miss proper engine sounds though. Not a fan of piped in fake sound either.

And cheers Mason. No worries. One day I'll get to hoon your Rx2  (if you've not sold it by then and bought a horrid as Falcon.... :-(  )

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah you drove it well too. Really interesting seeing how people cope driving old unfamiliar cars. Often I find it's the folk who talk about driving fast cars, or seem to have given the illusion that they can drive quickly etc that are actually the worst drivers. 

Driving smoothly is a virtue that many  wannabe 'fast' drivers seem to lack. Their cars must suffer too! 

Yeah you know the engine but it's hush hush OK.... :-)

Bit gutted didn't make it to that Blenheim show! looked really good from your photos I think my old boy took his Chevrolet over for it. 

are you going to do something similar to the viva dash using a later model cars dash parts? or aftermarket to convert to electronic? 

Yeah it was possibly one of the best shows I have been to. Best thing was that it had a nice spread of cars and wasn't all just hotrods, american cars and Holdens/fords :doubt: Lots of Japanese,  english and european cars- which are more my thing:)

Not sure on dash yet. I was planning to do something similar to the viva instruments and make my own but the cost of alloy and all the pissing about exceeds my hassle factor ratio when compared to just buying some aftermarket gauges.  The Viva ones worked well but never did looking completly right with their very Japanese 80's/90's car font.

• Like 1