Discuss here about Yoeddynz's little Imp project...

yoeddynz

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

The Imp is finally all painted, after first sorting out a bulge in a panel. It looks great and I'm stoked with the colour. I'll do a proper update soon. But in the meantime here's a quick peek at the colour. But which one is it?...

P1070043.jpg.d0dcb1486aa0cede3125c366f306914a.jpg
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh thanks. It took me days slaving behind my super graphics computer (note 4) to craft those pics. Some of that time was indeed just trying to get decent photos because we'll, as we all know, taking photos of animals is always tricky and dinosaurs are no different. 

The Romans were no easier to snap.. Poncy bloody Italians always worried about their hair. 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers man. My motivation was waning quite a bit in the middle part of the project but now it is getting close to being finished I'm itching to work on it!  It's at that fun part where it's lots of little jobs and piecing it together like a big model car :-)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks dave. Just did a, hopefully last, shipping mission for parts in Nelson. All those little bits adding up. Running out of moths. 

Bought a pod filter from supercheap. Extra 15% bhp right there. 

I have been gifted 3 days to myself to work on imp whilst hannah is off tramping up in the Mt Arthur region with her brother. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looking so very good!

I had an a-series powered toy, from (vague) memory, the carb was Hitachi DC208, and the one you're holding looks similar(-ish(??)). Good lock finding details!

Nice air filter

BUT

I can't help but think the air up there is going to be thermonuclear hot. (Spesh with the reduced air flow because rear engine)

If you can find the carb adapter from a C20 vannetre,  that should fit. Then you can route a duct to somewhere cooler. Cold.air is free horsepower. For every eleven degrees farenheit that the temperature lowers you gain one percent power increase.

• Like 4