Discuss here about Yoeddynz's little Imp project...

yoeddynz

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you are completely correct there. That race car shell will never see the road again with its front end in that state.  But its sills and complete rear end are in great condition but for some localised typical areas of old car rot such as the very bottom of the rear corners etc.

If I dont end up selling them together to someone who wants a project then it will most likely get cut up for panels. I certainly have enough stuff here to build another car. Must keep a look out for live plates and tags which always helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Not a Starlet radiator.

It would probably be worth trying to fit a more common radiator into the car as it would cost hundreds of bucks to get that one rebuilt when it inevitably leaks or the fins rot.

I've seen one like that somewhere before, I'll let my brain mull over it and tell you if I figure out what it is from.

good work on the bonnet, mine was in better nick, but was told it would be $1500 to get real good again!!, maybe i didn't need the spendy one from Aussie ??

radiator looks like CR39 Liteace van (can measure one here for you) ,  but the EA82 Subaru Leone had a similar one from memory

Oh cool- yeah this radiator is in really good nick (he says until he discovers a small leak upon start up.....) so it'll be fine for long time. I'll ask a radiator friend to see if he can recognise it too.

Yep I'm happy with the bonnet. All the repairs will have a skim of filler and this be no different. Just happy is in one piece now :-)

There was a mint one on FB nzimp page a while back at $400 but even that's too much for me - its more satisfying to just repair given the condition of everything else.It aint ever gonna be a minta and I'll just be stoked to drive the damn thing!

• 2 weeks later...