Discuss here about Yoeddynz's little Imp project...

yoeddynz

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hey.. yeah it could well have snippets of info that the Haynes manual doesnt have. I'd just bought another 'intereurope' or something manual for $1 on TM the other day but sadly it had even less info. I do however always find it interesting reading them anyways.

Are you going to the Nats?

34 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

Note the factory carefully installed bags of foam, designed to absorb sound...and moisture...

P1050537_(960x1280).jpg

I pulled bags of this stuff out of both my Triumphs too. It looked like yellow wool?

Yeah I know the stuff you're on about. This stuff is foam based... and of most excellent absorbancy one must add. 

Also noted when I cut the guard open.. lots of Slaters hiding in there.  Sadly.. many if not most of them met their doom when I sliced the panel off. All cooked by the hot sparks from the grinder. Yum.

• Sad 1

Yeah its tricky alright eh. But a grinder will be our our best friend :-)  The newer invertor type mig welder I bought a few years ago works much sweeter for 'zapping' too.  I try to concentrate the zap onto the thicker steel and then do a little push towards the thin original steel as I release the trigger..if you can picture what I mean.

• Like 1

Oh yeah totally know what you mean. An old car resto is a proper job if it aint got a few hedgehogs on the back of the repairs. I sometimes end up laughing so hard in my helmet as I chase a hole in the thin stuff. It almost becomes a challenge...

"fuck you little hole... I'm going to defeat you! You ain't getting away on me.. I am not going to just do the right thing and chop this area out. I'm just gonna keep zapping away..! "

• Haha 1

Its been an intention for a while but there's so many other things I want to build before hand. I'd love some rollers too. And an English wheel while I'm there. Plus a mechanical planisher. 

But actually id rather be building other stuff instead of rust repairs. It's fun but pretty nasty dirty work. But pays the bills right now.