Discuss here about Yoeddynz's little Imp project...

yoeddynz

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered about bike carbs but price and tuning plus I've not really looked at how room there is. 

At this point just to get it in the road a nice simple twin choke carb appeals to me.  As soon as more carbs are added with the wrong jets and or needles it becomes an expensive mess to tune. 

I could always inject it in the future  with speeduino but then the cert plate won't match. 

I like this. A lot. Good work guys!

Jetting bike carbs = a set of micro drills. 

Seriously though, single carb is lame for this wee beasty! I'm happy to do you a manifold but I'm sure you could whip something up easily from steel for a cheap. I made a set using cheap 34mm carbs for the Sunny in no time a while back and I am by no means a fabricator. 

p.s. we need A40 Farina vs Imp battles. Both A12 power. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BobbyBreeze said:

I like this. A lot. Good work guys!

Jetting bike carbs = a set of micro drills. 

Seriously though, single carb is lame for this wee beasty! I'm happy to do you a manifold but I'm sure you could whip something up easily from steel for a cheap. I made a set using cheap 34mm carbs for the Sunny in no time a while back and I am by no means a fabricator. 

p.s. we need A40 Farina vs Imp battles. Both A12 power. 

I could cut the inlet down and graft on pipes and flanges in alloy for sure. But is meant to be a quick turn around have some fun and sell on type project. 

Until I discover I love driving it and can't let it go..... 

• Like 2

Sounds like a great project, my first car was an Imp and some years later my mate and I built this one for dirt track racing - then dumped it when finished after selling the very modified engine to another friend for his road car. Seems a waste now as it was a realy tidy one.

cars029.jpg.33371d54548eaa86d41545e7c9f5c868.jpg

cars011.jpg.71066040143751b18c22767c1b7c7b8a.jpg

cars018.jpg.8c0f997607cbd1d0fbdc9bb9242b16f0.jpg

cars024.thumb.jpg.1d79e1c69299725a25487fef1e335be3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

54 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

It has twin carbs on it too.  Whats that rego number area? Chch? its early yeah?

(Oh damn... barry alert. I've just asked about Rego numbers)

Yep we picked up a factory set of twin carbs ($25), ported the head, got the cam ground. Was a bit silly realy it had nothing until about 5000 rpm the  it would pull round to 7 K plus. 

I am from Ashburton so I guess Barry is correct about the number plate. - Can't remember the year

On 12/02/2018 at 14:10, yoeddynz said:

I could cut the inlet down and graft on pipes and flanges in alloy for sure. But is meant to be a quick turn around have some fun and sell on type project. 

Until I discover I love driving it and can't let it go..... 

Put me on the list plz. I'll pay on cat pictures 

22 hours ago, mo999 said:

I am from Ashburton so I guess Barry is correct about the number plate. - Can't remember the year

Barry junior time 

a uk fella told me about a joker by the name of David fear knows the location of a couple imps in a field in ashvagas. Do you know anything about this? 

59 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

I also have plan. A really big plan. Its in the future and it'll be pretty damn cool. I'm not going to say a thing more. You'll like it. It involves several of my building passions. Just watch and see. I'm excited! :-)

Does it involve wood, pushbike parts, and a composting toilet? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1