Discuss here about Yoeddynz's little Imp project...

yoeddynz

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure i have said this before here... but.

When i was at intermediate a classmates dad bought him an imp as his race car.. It was pretty much the coolest thing i had ever seen- they had stripped it down and painted it white with red and blue stripes (from memory..was a long time ago) and he was telling me that people often put porsche motors into them. Keep in mind we were both around 11 years old!

I vividly remember him showing me what i think was a portion of handbrake system and it was a leather strap or belt (may have been a repair that someone had done once)

ever since then i'd just thought they were the coolest things ever and owning one someday is definitely on my bucket list.

Looks like you purchased a really good set of stuff!!!!!!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, WLDRX2 said:

Shame to take out the cage, but I get it about the extra drama not being worth it.

If you are thinking about selling those seats,  let me know, could be interested

Yeah for a while after first seeing it I entertained the idea of keeping the cage. Then I tried getting into it. I'm 6'2" so tall enough that it was a pain. Then looking into what I had to do in order to have it legally on the road with a cage and I was put off. Too much hassle and I know full well that if I had a go at the local hillclimbs etc I would most likely run out of talent and bend the car.

Yeah - I'm not sure yet about the seats. I have an OCD thing about non-matching seats so they will most likely be sold on in order to fund the resto. I'll let you know first.

10 minutes ago, flyingbrick said:

Looks like you purchased a really good set of stuff!!!!!!

Yeah I'm stoked. Best bit would be the rego on hold and full cert thing!

Greg mentioned you were looking for an A12 inlet manifold. I might have one. 

I also once had an adapter to run a stromberg on an A12. I think my carb might have been coozed. I may still have this somewhere. I can get you an inch and three quarter SU from.a trumpy 2.5. Half of which would be 1250cc.  Fucking bang on in range for an A12. Then your British car with an awful Japanese engine (WHICH IS NOT BASED ON, NOR COPIED FROM ANY BMC GARBAGE!!!)  could have a proper English carburetor. It's ironic that the SU is pretty much the only to ever coming out of England which didn't leak oil

• Like 1

Yeah I have the old signature setup and if I update it I'll lose my wall of older projects :-(  

Bart- I had been given a Hitachi carb from a Viva friend. He wasnt sure what it was from. Hannah looked up the codes and deduced its from an A12. Apart from it being quite dinky it seems to be a neat wee thing. If that can bag me close to 70 bhp on a standard A12 then I'll start with that.

Definitely keen on your inlet because the one I have is for a 32/36 I think.

I have already been attempting to fill my brain with information on Datsun A12 tuning. That techwiki stuff via Datsun1200 forum has heaps of info. It seems that the carb from an A14 could be a decent upgrade for a touch more flow without inducing flatspots etc?...

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Carburetor_Sizing

• Like 1
  • Sad 1