Honda "Chelli"

MichaelJFox

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Mickey said:

I rescued a yellow one of these from a scrap yard about a year ago. You get any spares with it? or nuffink? I was just gonna improvise for all the missing bits. Who needs a seat when you can strap a tassled cushion to the fuel tank?

Nah sorry mate, no spares at all. They are rather hard to come by. How bad of a state is yours in? You can buy almost all the parts from ebay/webike

16 hours ago, Mickey said:

I rescued a yellow one of these from a scrap yard about a year ago. You get any spares with it? or nuffink? I was just gonna improvise for all the missing bits. Who needs a seat when you can strap a tassled cushion to the fuel tank?

If you interested in selling it man I might know someone interested in it! 

Giz a pm if so

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

So, haven't updated this in a while.

Chucked a new tire on, done a couple tunes. Runs super nice now, starts in two kicks and racked up a bunch of KMs doing rides with the ASSES, Moped NZ and solo round the place.

Got a 110cc Lifan and VM44 carb chillin in the garage waiting for a working bee. 

It's one of the 110cc kits from Darren, so comes with Loom/CDI/Carb. 

I'm a little dubious of the wiring being that quick and easy, but would be super happy to be proved wrong haha. Throttle/Cable I haven't sorted yet, stock can't work? 

31 minutes ago, MichaelJFox said:

It's one of the 110cc kits from Darren, so comes with Loom/CDI/Carb. 

I'm a little dubious of the wiring being that quick and easy, but would be super happy to be proved wrong haha. Throttle/Cable I haven't sorted yet, stock can't work? 

You can get a generic trademe throttle tube for pit bikes and then get a matching set of grips. Measure ideal length of throttle cable and buy a pitbike one a similar length. I manged to make that work with OG handle bars. 

Though @Shakotom possibly used the OG slide set up? Not 100 sure. It's an easy work around either way.