AE82 FXGT electric windows not working

~Slideways~

My 32 year old corolla has been sitting unused for 12 years or so, I recently did a bunch of work on it to get it back on the road.

The electric windows worked last I used it, sluggishly, but they did work.

Now they don't, neither the drivers main switch or the passengers. 

Strangely I can't see a fuse or relay, I didn't have much time to investigate (because tiny humans) but I assumed it would be in the kick panel fuse panel or the under bonnet fuse box. 

Can anyone tell me where to look before I write a strongly worded letter to Toyota demanding a recall?

Is it a shared power source/fuse? Is there a control box or relay hidden behind the kick panel maybe? I'm asking Oldschool because the limited amount of garage time I have these days must be for race car finishing, else I will lose my mind.

Thanks  

1 hour ago, Ranter said:

I'd remove the door panel and power up the motor to check, sounds like a switch issue. Passengers won't work if master switch is faulty.

Not sure on that particular car but I've never been as lucky as a fuse or relay fix for windows.

Good idea, will try this.

had near identical issue with the ones in my pos racecivic, turned out they were earthed to a point in the drivers kick panel area and there was a loose bolt, they went from very slow (poor earth) to not working (no earth). tightened up earth bolt and good to go.

Could be worth checking, I had assumed they would have been earthed on brackets in the doors but that was not the case.

• Like 1