• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No I haven’t. I actually haven’t had a chance to do anything as I’ve got family here at the moment. I should have a better opportunity to start assessing things properly tomorrow afternoon. We did lift the carpet when I was checking it out and the floor looks good. I’m not too concerned about that sort of stuff though as I’m alquite capable of welding in new panels as necessary and it’s not going to be a restoration type build which allows me a lot more flexibility with repairs.

No I haven’t. I actually haven’t had a chance to do anything as I’ve got family here at the moment. I should have a better opportunity to start assessing things properly tomorrow afternoon. We did lift the carpet when I was checking it out and the floor looks good. I’m not too concerned about that sort of stuff though as I’m alquite capable of welding in new panels as necessary and it’s not going to be a restoration type build which allows me a lot more flexibility with repairs.

It’s actually not a concern for me. I would have paid the same price either way. I knew the motor wasn’t b23 and to be honest with what I’m planning to do to it I quite relieved it’s not an actual 323i. I was feeling sort of guilty. Now I know it’s only a 320/6 I’ve got no concerns hacking it up!

What do you mean you longer chassis? I’d be interested to confirm. But yeah, like you say I was ntending to replace pretty much all the goodies anyway. I really need to get a workshop manual for this thing so I can set the timing and tweak the carby. It’s running pretty well but It’s not perfect.  I’m fairly certain the drivetrain vibration is the center hanger bearing so that’s pretty easy. I think it’s going to need the front sway bar mount bushes replaced, bleed the brakes and replace the cylinders, then it should be wof time and hope for the best. 

• 2 months later...

If anyone’s interested I’ll be updating the progress on this on instagram. Most of it will be updated here aswell, it’s just more hassle uploading photos here so might not be as often. 

beamse21

• 4 years later...