65 Mk 1 GT Cortina 2 To Many Doors

66gt

It’s been over a year since I have done anything with this and it’s still the same lol. 2 Door GT is off to paint shortly so this is next in the queue. Trying to decide what engine to use in it. I have a 140BHP Precrossflow with all the good gear and a Lotus Twincam which I really want to put into something. Lotus engine is a bit more work as battery goes in the boot etc.Body and interior will be all original Ermine White with Black Trim. 

• Like 7

• 3 months later...

Update.. so being stuck at home has got me thinking so the 4 door I bought to chop up to fix the GT, I have decided to build a rat replica GT in order to shake down the running gear that’s going into the 2 Door GT. Plan is to blast the underside, inside, inside the boot and engine bay and paint ermine white and leave the exterior it is apart from maybe a seal coat. Dash and doors inside will be done in satin black. 

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

2 Door GT is finally off to paint this Tuesday so going to crack on with the 4 Door GT now. Waiting on a pile of panels to arrive from Steel Panels UK and then into it. Pics of some of the weapons grade bodge repairs done by some amateur years ago. Pics won’t up load ...

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Haven’t been doing much due to Covid and focusing on getting the 2 door painted. Have managed to get 2 NOS rear quarters and back panel so that’s all the panels sorted to do from the firewall back. I’ll probably get a new front valance and slam panel from Steel Panels UK. I have a couple of good front guards that need a couple of small rust repairs on the bottom edges. It’s getting really tough bringing in parts from the UK as shipping has gone through the roof unfortunately 

• Like 6