Henry The AX100

Chunky_t

• 3 weeks later...

since the expansion chamber setup was loud enough to wake the dead I decided to be a slightly more responsible road user and get the muffler all mounted up properly, I think the muffler is one from a TZR of some variety, here's what I started with,  and got a friend to make a flange and weld it on. 

IMG_3694.thumb.JPG.91b8e89b96a87848dbd96c303a887fa2.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 08:17, flyingbrick said:

Such a good looking bike

On 2/16/2018 at 09:12, Lord Gruntfuttock said:

Yeah really nice lines on tank/seat combo. :thumbleft:

So many get this wrong...

[Edit] nice front guard chop too...

Cheers dudes! Still think it needs some aesthetic improvements, the 80's were a hell of a time for styling haha 

On 2/21/2018 at 20:55, BlownCorona said:

what does your pipe sound like with the muffler? i have the same bike/pipe (pretty sure built by the same dude even) and run it unsilenced, while i dont mind the volume and the wide bearth people give me now. im curious to know what it sounds like with a muffler

I bought the chamber/Exhaust off Nick Ritchie who posts on here, not sure who he got to make it but it's made off the specs of that dragonfly75 character on the net who sussed out the best specs for these engines, I think so anyway. 

The muffler actually made it sound so much better, deepened the exhaust note and for some reason (I may or may not be imagining this, I'm not sure) it seemed to even out the power band a bit more, I found it felt like it had a bit of a lapse in power right before the powerband came on but with the muffler it doesn't seem to be as bad

Yeah nick Ritchie got the pipe made by the same guy as me, interesting about the muffler and power band smoothing, might have to give it a go, 

Mines geared down aswell as a 17" wheel conversion, so when your cruising along you can crack it into the power band and it really jumps forward. Not a bad thing persay but I'm interested to see how it would ride with that smoothed out a little 

5 hours ago, BlownCorona said:

Yeah nick Ritchie got the pipe made by the same guy as me, interesting about the muffler and power band smoothing, might have to give it a go, 

Mines geared down aswell as a 17" wheel conversion, so when your cruising along you can crack it into the power band and it really jumps forward. Not a bad thing persay but I'm interested to see how it would ride with that smoothed out a little 

Ricky stoakes? That's who nick said welded up my one, had to ask him haha

any advantage with the 17" rear wheel?

it didn't really smooth it out as such, I just used to feel a massive hole in the power right before you got the punch of getting into the 2t powerband and it feels better now 

I just ride it like a dirt bike and use the clutch to get it into the power band faster for maximum nangs now though lol.