chris' scoot hoard

chris r

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dug some plate out and chopped up another scooter frame and made a intake that will clear the frame. Long intake = more torque right? Just what I need for a 15000 rpm motor.. 

I initially had the intake angles the other way but it was too close to the clutch cable and mounting bolts on the flange. And I'll wanting to fit a exhaust in there somehow so it'll visually balance out a bit. 

Nfi where shifter or foot pegs will go yet 

Duf7yYa.jpg

7dr56dt.jpg

UfvIVxO.jpg

rVcHIsw.jpg

I'll blast the intake and put some epoxy or similar to smooth the transition into the flange as there is a bit of a lip 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, flyingbrick said:

hey man,

Scooter looks great.,

You could maybe save some money by going down a size or two in Jandle.

Profit.

It's the prefect sized jandle thanks. Nearly worn through the heel so I'm getting my monies worth 

1 hour ago, azzurro said:

nice to see that shitty green frame that someone spent ages taking apart and respraying (but not masking) repurposed to intake tubing mock ups. lewl.

It was the perfect size for the intake tubing and the bends worked out well. It looks like they dunked the whole frame in a vat of paint! 

• Like 1

While out and about I got some fasteners today. I've dummied up the front end so I can start on the control cables. I nearly got super lucky with a nifty throttle cable but the Inner was a tad too short. I'll need to get some cable ends for that and clutch. I'll use the nifty handles/switch blocks I have in stock as they look lots better than the fxr stuff

yrfd6oU.jpg

• Like 3

I've ordered some cable stuff so I can make the clutch, throttle and brake cables for the cub. 

The new Gy6 head arrived today. The casting quality is pretty shit house. I gave it a bit of a tickle up with the die grinder 

k3HZAYN.jpg

dM92KzZ.jpg

6E7G7K6.jpg

Finished off the exhaust and intake flanges. They are bigger than factory now. Intake flange is now port matched to the head and ready for me to find sone tubing 

mbjGuoL.jpg

nQZKooo.jpg

• Like 4

I ordered the steering head bearings before realising the races were lost in transit. Ebay to the rescue 

ThW41WT.jpg

I was sharning with @piazzanooband we decided it wouldn't be too hard to make a swing arm to suit. Yes it's big and heavy but it should be strong enough. It has the bonus of being free (except for my time) and if I can measure it sgkouk clear everything. 

I need to find sone 20mm Id tube so I can have somewhere to press the bushings into 

TdAs22K.jpg

I started stripping down the fxr loom and just get the cdi start and headlight relay. The fxr start relay is a nice little unit that also has the main fuse for everything. 

y1wThI0.jpg

Rvb7cVm.jpg

T2Y6FI5.jpg

kJm1Gv1.jpg

Shortened the cdi trigger wires to suit the cub frame. Hooked it up to a test battery and it still works. I've misplaced the stock coil and most importantly the sparkplug boot. I'll have to go to zebra and get a narrow ht lead that'll fit the motor and use that with a china cdi coil. 

I ran some new wires to the nifty switch block I'll be using and tested everything works. I'll extend and sort that side out soon. My aliexpress relays and bases arrived too so ill be able to sort out the rear lights at the same time. I'll be doing us style single bulbs in the back so there is less shit going on 

• Like 2

I also attempted to stretch the tyre I thought would fit into the wide wheel and that wasn't going to fit so I rage quit and decided I'd just use the standard wheel on the Gy6 nifty.

Welded that mount up this afternoon and dummied up a solid mount to replace the rear shock.

The nifty loom plugs into the Gy6. I only have to change one crimp. That'll make that side of things easy. 

WV54OdI.jpg

I think think the plastics will need a slight trim 

Fr1e3Q4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I couldn't sleep so I carried on with the switch wiring for the cub. Soldered new longer wires on most of the switches in order to avoid having joins midway down.

Yes the housings need to be cleaned and polished but that'll happen later

Opq9L14.jpg

iAU2MnI.jpg

I just need to extend the brake switch wiring and thats the controls done. I've kept the brake switch wires separate in case it ever needs to be replaced

rXZAr9Z.jpg

• Like 3

Registered the melody on the weekend and collected a supercub(nbc110) Swingarm to test fit on the cub. 

u8hGP5y.jpg

Lines up pretty well. Needs a slight extension but still easier and less work than making a new arm. I'll need to get some spacers/adaptors machined up for the 10mm cub bolt and the extra width. Will. Need to figure out the rear wheel too 

8JaOvCk.jpg

• Like 2

Made up the clutch and brake cables today
5JdHPfR.jpg

Em9Bjg1.jpg

Em9Bjg1.jpg

Made a coil mounting bracket and gave the intake a tickle with the grinder

nwzkQip.jpg

More wiring progress, Finally played with my rivnut gun and mounted reg/rectifier. Also connected the headlight relay wires into the relay base 

muGzJmI.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I taped up the flasher/headlight/reg rectifier wiring. 

RE1TJDp.jpg

Mostly finished off the switch wiring for the headlights cdi, coil and starter.

SEN9O23.jpg

Gave it a squirt of carb clean and 

Wrote a list out so I can try and focus on one thing at a time 

hlvz204.jpg

This chronic fatigue is fucking me over, if I do a whole day in the garage I'll have a migrane or be fucked for a couple of days. I have to force myself to stop after half a day. The frustrating thing is it wasn't as bad on holiday, probably because I wasn't thinking abd working stuff out 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I managed to get the clutch cable mostly finished today. Luckily the end of one of the nifty cables I had cut was the right length (or I forgot I had cut it to length) 

I just need to order the correct size barrel for the gearbox end and its done. Or try and find another one of those plastic sleeves/pivots like I used on the bar end 

wIYaXiW.jpg

wnhJasN.jpg

• Like 5