chris' scoot hoard

chris r

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, chris r said:

Nah just because fuck you I suspect. I pulled the plug to check as it was cooling down and its a tad on the rich side so I'm out of ideas 

How could you tell it was rich? It’s really hard to read a plug that’s been used in mixed conditions / mixed RPM. Sounds like your main jet might be too small? Or is there a lack of oil?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Truenotch said:

How could you tell it was rich? It’s really hard to read a plug that’s been used in mixed conditions / mixed RPM. Sounds like your main jet might be too small? Or is there a lack of oil?

Fair call on the plug. Borderline fowled is rich in my books hah. 

It has a 110 mj in it which is pretty big. I am premixing as I wait for the oil pump to sort its shit out so It should have enough oil 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HighLUX said:

Block the OMP and run premix to atleast rule that out as a cause/too late now/bring the GN slug

Gn was strapped in on Sunday so it's ready. I was running premix today 

Might pop a tad 2t oil in gn so it atleast smell right 

I think @Raizeris probably right about the crank seals etc. Tbh I've no checked everything over properly 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I sold a nifty to @GuyWithAviators and the suzuki a50 to @Shakotom which cleared out some shed space.

We went down to visit @Raizer and I ended up with another nifty frame.. I only wanted a few bits off it but had to take the whole thing.

I chopped the bits I wanted off it

IMG_20190103_123650

Because I cbf with pulling the forks off I figured i'd install low with longer stem and hot metal glue. I chopped some of the Dio frame up as a sleeve

IMG_20190103_160637IMG_20190103_160827

The nifty frame had started to split on the curve so more dio frame donations

IMG_20190103_171734IMG_20190103_172925

The original engine mounting points were too low so I trimmed it and made it a tad longer

IMG_20190103_174551IMG_20190103_174749IMG_20190103_181051

Tacked it up.I did chop a bit more out of the stem to raise it up a tad after this

IMG_20190103_183708

Welded up. The plastics will need a trim to suit the new ignition switch position and to clear the forks

IMG_20190103_185222IMG_20190103_185524

• Like 9

Motorwise I'm planning to do a aliexpress special gy6 4t build because cheap and the hub adapter doesn't fit any of my 2t motors. I'm thinking about extending the foot board part a tad but getting it straight may be fun. I'll see what bits I've got left from the dio 

• Like 1

I decided against the lengthened frame as I cbf and no close tubing that is close enough in size.

I made a start on the clutch in the squash as the clutch arms were bent AF and weren't contacting. Luckily I hoarded the original motor out of the melody and with the luck of honda lego the clutch is the same. I had to strip them both as melody is early cvt and squash is single speed. The squash bearings were toast so I cleaned & repacked the ones out of the melody.

Bent squash clutch vs melody one. I'll give the material a quick scuff before I reassemble everything, Just waiting on a belt to turn up and I'll be pesting around on the squash, well until the perished tyres explode

IMG_20190106_140549

Everything apart ready to be put back together

IMG_20190106_135550

*insert picture of reassembled clutch here*

My aliexpress hub adapter turned up (for the nifty) so I gave it a quick test fit on the wheels. What a shame, it only fits on the wider one

IMG_20190106_115152

Since I was on a roll with the squash I thought I'd have a go at the other stock melody. As per this post I tried ro re ring it with no luck - The barrel is oversize. In my internet wanderings I found a post saying you can use the AF05 barrel and piston on the earlier AB07 melody motors. Short of it is yes it bolts on but even with two head gaskets and two barry cardboard base gaskets the piston hits the head. I'll try get some thicker gasket material or some thin metal and rtv and see what happens. I also raided the parts motor for the kick start lever as this motor was missing it.

IMG_20190106_200905

It turns out the Squash motor has the same case etc as the melody its just non cvt. I thought it may have been shorter but it must just be the 8" wheels which make it look tiny

• Like 1