chris' scoot hoard

chris r

21 minutes ago, cletus said:

Is that hub for a gy6, ie a 125? 

Or a qmb139? 

Or are they the same hub for both?i

It is Gy6 which I'm hoping hoping will fit 139qmb also. Its too big for the nifty/melody but they are smaller than newer stuff anyway. When I pull the af18 out of the melody I'll test fit it to that

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

So what do you do when you are heading away on holiday in a month and have lots of un finished projects?

Make a weak attempt to sell parts? check.

noone bought said parts so its time to get a frame to fit said parts into. 

enter cub frame which @Raizer extended and added some rake, And my fxr150 motor

pGUsHLk.jpg

Motor looked really close to fitting, this spacer needed trimming 

uRlB1H5.jpg

trimmed a bit off the corners to clear the breather and a bolt

mj8moef.jpg

wdFKpt3.jpg

Fucking bolt in mayte

SivOZl5.jpg

as you can see in that last photo the sprockets are a fair way off lining up. One idea I had was to try and move the motor sprocket inboard a bit but that'll probably end up interfering with stuff. So I'll just have to get or make a wider swing arm. Has anyone got a spare c50/c90 swing arm I can butcher

• Like 6

• 5 weeks later...

Garage is tidy now. Tucked them in for while I'm away. There is two nifties a fxr150 and the cub in that pile. Oh and a couple of gy6

2hxflZQ.jpg

I've dropped the melody motor off to @Shakotomfor @Raizer@Raizer to collect and rebuild. I'll check book racer it so I hopefully have a motor ready when I get back. Since I haven't touched it it should last more than 80 km this time 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I did some work on the C50 today and it got too hard to figure out. I'll need a adult or someone with skills to give me ideas. 

I thought I'd strip the 139qma motors that @Raizer gave me both had been sitting and had water down them. 

Head and barrel off. 

F8faudF.jpg

New barrel ready to go on and fitted

IYz3hSx.jpg

RXAZh9t.jpg

I ordered a 'racing' cam off Ali but when I measured it it had the same lift as the stock one. Must mean I got a racing motor right? 

I stripped both heads down. The g clamp worked well as a valve spring compressor 

SuCURL5.jpg

The non egr head has much bigger ports so that's what I'll be using. 

uEJIwNz.jpg

I gave it a quick clean up and lapped the valves in. I'll give it a quick once over with the die grinder tomorrow to clean up the ports. I could splash out another 30 on a 'big valve' Ali head but that'll triple my investment

4IousUP.jpg

YDQPyxB.jpg

• Like 2

The Fxr motor is way wider than the Honda and the sprocket is nowhere close to lining up. Its sitting relativity centered in the frame so I don't want to try and move it over as I know I won't be able to get it square 

MfG5Po6.jpg

ZEskGYk.jpg

One option is to go for a wiiide Swingarm and wheel but that costs money. Why spend money when you can cut up a perfectly good motorbike. I chopped out the middle of the tube in the swing arm pivot so I could slide it up the frame. 

3QRLsJT.jpg

Lc7GApg.jpg

Looks like it'll work but this is the part I need a hand to get things centered and I square/a second opinion 

ap2r7SL.jpg

• Like 5

On 13/09/2019 at 10:12, flyingbrick said:

I vote modifying the standard swingarm.. Just move the sprocket out on a spacer and move that one side of the swingarm out to suit. Nobody will really notice and it will look better than that cast wheel

What are you doing this weekend?..
I finished assembling the 139 tonight, It even plugs right into the nifty loom! I just need to repin the starter plug and replace one crimp and its good to go. 
Next on the list for the nifty is square up the engine mount and figure out a rear shock or hardtail of some description. Currently the front of the motor is right under the old nifty shock mount.

I'm starting to pre stretch the tyre with bits of wood in a attempt to make it easier to mount

IMG_20190915_200244.jpg

• Like 4

I made some more engine mounts

QcTIGOO.jpg

7Ls1oVg.jpg

9Tz5NHT.jpg

PuISfkg.jpg

I fluked the hole location and everything fitting, the stock center stand should still clear everything and work. I'll need to finish trimming the last mount and weld it in

sa32w0Q.jpg

gtLrzBX.jpg

@Raizer has ordered me in a couple of carbs and goodies so I'm off to collect them this weekend.

I stupidly did a leak down test on the gy6 AFTER assembling it and the valves leak. I'll have a dig through raizers hoard and see if I can swap a head without him noticing

• Like 2